Austrian chancellor predicts end to ‘wrongly understood tolerance’ for .. Islam

Started by mikemac, November 13, 2020, 06:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

Quote from: james03 on November 16, 2020, 07:52:16 AM
QuoteMexican culture is highly flawed and Americans don't want it here.

However flawed, it's already been here for 500 years. 

FamilyRosary

QuoteThey should be loved as our neighbors, the same as for anyone else, and treated charitably, but to say that they are adding Catholics to our population as we have often heard said is simply not true.
We tried that when Reagan cucked on amnesty.  The result is California.  The boarder should have been mined instead.  LOOK at the devastation that is California as Americans with any sense leave Little Mexico.  THAT is the future of the US.  Mexican culture is highly flawed and Americans don't want it here.

The most charitable thing we could do is find ways for those people to stay in their own countries, but that would step on too many toes. First, we have the giant Chinese, Canadian, American, and European conglomerates who want to run people off their land and take their natural resources. Second, the American and Mexican importer/exporter class who benefited so handsomely from the hypocritical NAFTA treaties which bankrupted family farms in both countries and caused the abandonment of small rural communities in the Mexican and American heartlands. Then we have the liberal do-gooders desirous of escaping cold cloudy winters in Portland and Seattle and Manhattan (and London and Stockholm and Berlin) in order to go demonstrate their solidarity with the suffering "pueblo" down in the tropics. Then the huge international "aid" agencies who wouldn't have anything to do without teeming masses of desperate poor to minister to. Also of course the scum-sucking politicians who visit our little friends on the other side of the border on "fact-finding tours" that never discover anything other than reasons to continue to funnel billions of taxpayer dollars to hopeless projects that only seem to make the recipients even more destitute. We can't forget the massive multi-billion dollar arms, drugs, and human trafficking rings who grease the palms of so many of those same big companies and politicians, and we would be remiss not to mention the corrupt oligarchies who run those countries and make sure that the more things change the more they stay the same.

Reagan passed the amnesty possibly because he had a guilty conscience over the proxy wars he and the Soviets were financing in Central America and Colombia, and possibly because he thought the immigrants were conservative, family and work-oriented people who would some day vote Republican. And in this past election, many of them did. My work place is majority Blacks and Hispanics. I have never talked politics at work, and yet, since the election a surprising number of those same coworkers have come to me to "confess" that they voted for Trump. They say they believe Trump is a loudmouthed narcissistic businessman with whom they frequently disagree, but who nevertheless strengthened the economy and beat down the corrupt Democrat politicians who claim to speak for them yet haven't done a thing for them in 50 years. They told me that friends and family voted for him too.

Hearing those people was what made me more than anything else believe that this election was a massive hideous fraud on a scale that would make the slimiest Third World tinpot dictator blush.
The family that prays together stays together.

Non Nobis

QuoteThey should be loved as our neighbors, the same as for anyone else, and treated charitably, but to say that they are adding Catholics to our population as we have often heard said is simply not true.
We tried that when Reagan cucked on amnesty.  The result is California.  The boarder should have been mined instead.  LOOK at the devastation that is California as Americans with any sense leave Little Mexico.  THAT is the future of the US.  Mexican culture is highly flawed and Americans don't want it here.

As a Californian I despise our government for many things including allowing illegal immigrants and sanctuary cities: the culture of CRIMINAL Mexicans. But a national culture is greater than its flaws. Our Lady of Guadalupe did not despise all of Mexican culture. And I've known mostly good Mexicans, and enjoyed the food and Catholic custom of the Posadas, acting out Joseph and Mary looking for an inn at Christmas.

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Innocent Smith

Quote from: FamilyRosary on November 15, 2020, 05:34:16 PM
I'm sorry I was so long-winded but it's hard for a non-professional writer to summarize huge chunks of history and culture in such a small space.

I'm glad some members liked my post but what I'm going to say no they might not like so much.

I grew up in a typical Rust Belt town with a heavy Catholic population, mostly Polish, Lithuanian and Lebanese in origin but with some German, Irish, Italian, Croatian, and later Filipino and Vietnamese. Our nearest media market was Chicago, the most Catholic large city after Boston, where the Mass was transmitted live on Sunday morning on all three networks. (ABC, NBC, and CBS for you youngsters who don't know what I'm talking about!) If you had a good antenna on the roof you could also pick up programming from South Bend, Indiana, another heavily Catholic market for reasons I hope I don't have to explain here.

From there I lived in Puerto Rico, another Catholic majority land, and then on to other Latin American nations.

Come to find out, the majority of those people, hometown and overseas, had quite possibly just been faking it. As soon as it was acceptable, they abandoned the Church for another one or for none, or insisted for nostalgic reasons perhaps that they were still Catholic while disagreeing with and disobeying almost everything the Church teaches. (Biden-Pelosi-Ted Kennedy, etc.)

I know there's another thread right now on Iran on this same topic, and my own experiences have made me reflect on things. Back in the day, I lived in a supposedly Catholic community surrounded by supposed Catholics. Did those people suddenly change or had they been putting on a show the whole time? Certainly many of them were sincere, and the TV programs were cleaner and the streets were safer. Those things mean something even if the majority were just acting a part.

Or were they? I just don't know. What I do know is that if today I go to a Latin Mass or even a conservative Novus Ordo, or if I go to the church down the street in Latin America, the people sitting next to me in the pew are actually believers. There no longer exists any societal compulsion for them to go there or be seen there, so those who were faking it no longer need to waste their precious time. When I go to a Catholic church I'm actually in the company of my fellow Catholics. I'm not sure that was true in 1980 or 1970 or even 1960 or 1950.

I won't say that I don't have nostalgia for those childhood days when I saw so many of my school buddies in the pews on Sunday morning, or when I went to the grocery store and saw the old Polish ladies with their head scarves and little prayer books in the glove compartment. Or when I arrived in a Latin American village and the people asked me what religion I was and I said "Catholic" a big smile broke out on their faces and they invited me into their homes. I do have nostalgia.

Nonetheless I have to ask the question: Does God prefer Christendom, or a faithful remnant?

First, I want to thank you for posts in which you place yourself within the scene so that we might better understand.  No need to apologize for length and I will have to look for the "long" one up thread when I am finished here.

I think some of what you talk about here can be understood by thinking of Orwell's concept of Double Think.  I have come to realize it's not necessarily a crack in the personality or an actual cognitive breakdown.  No, it is not even the formation of multiple personalities as that makes one think it would have to be some form of psychosis.  It's more an adaptation of multiple perspectives.  To follow that line of thinking logically, it's almost as if we become multiple persons as we grow and are able to don new perspectives simultaneously.  And we do this with such ease as it is actually survival mechanisms.  That's what we are talking about. 

I don't think people were faking their Catholicism.  There wasn't much to do on Sunday mornings.  People worked hard doing concrete things, selling real products to real people that needed them.  Snobs might call it a black and white world, but I would prefer to call it an era in which more human beings had an actual orientation to their lives, the people they lived among, which provided an understanding of the world in which they could function at a high level.

And this orientation is mostly a function of ethnos. Church attendance in this era for many was mostly a function of community.  Like attendance at a Memorial Day community service after a little parade in which a prayer to a higher being is recited.  This is good.  I lived it.  I was first in such a parade as an Indian Guide with other boys and our fathers.  This was the replacement to parish life in the suburbs for those of us who made the trek out of our ethnic-parishes.  This time, I am talking about the late '60s as far as being an Indian Guide, was a wonderful time for the country and our town was solid.  We saw some sightings of hippies once in awhile at the Village Green, but they were kept in check with stickers attached to the doors of all the local businesses that simply said, "no shoes, no shirt, no service". 

E. Michael Jones always talks about creating dialog through Logos.  Fine, but I have news for him.  We had it from the 1960s onward where I live.  It was much better in the '60s than today and probably reached it's zenith in the '70s as a functioning unit without an official control mechanism attached to it. So maybe what he is really talking about is a function of class and comfort.

The failure of the Church is the failure to educate its Flock.  I lived the test.  I was the first generation in my family that had the capacity AND more importantly, the opportunity to understand the Faith at a high level.  Everyone prior to my generation was too busy coming from Poland and establishing roots, then my parents generation was too busy coming to the suburbs to establish roots.  I sometimes wonder to myself who made the longer, or shall we say, more difficult journey.  Not a lot of time for sitting around and discussing theology or the impending collapse of society.

I was given the Dutch Catechism.  This, and the priests of the time, confused the hell into me.  Jesus is the Son of God.  That was said so many times in text and in sermon that I thought Son of God was not necessarily God.  It was as stupid as the "New Math" which thoroughly confused my parents when attempting to help me with my homework.  I thought I might fare better, but the New Math is indeed ever changing.  It's purpose is to make parents look foolish is the only explanation I might come up with.  In reality we know it's a function of funding the stupid in the education racket to justify teachers making over $100k a year as they follow the gurus making even more within the system and the businesses that are supported by the entire scam.

I suppose the priests of the time already no longer held the Faith and thought us first official generation of educated Catholics would be too sophisticated to believe all this "pious nonsense".  After all, some of us were already reading Time Magazine. 
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

james03

QuoteThe most charitable thing we could do is find ways for those people to stay in their own countries, but that would step on too many toes. First, we have the giant Chinese, Canadian, American, and European conglomerates who want to run people off their land and take their natural resources. Second, the American and Mexican importer/exporter class who benefited so handsomely from the hypocritical NAFTA treaties which bankrupted family farms in both countries and caused the abandonment of small rural communities in the Mexican and American heartlands.
You and I are on the same page here.  NAFTA was an abomination.

QuoteReagan passed the amnesty possibly because he had a guilty conscience over the proxy wars he and the Soviets were financing in Central America and Colombia,
No, Reagan did it due to the corporate Repubs who wanted cheap labor.  Why would Reagan feel guilty about defeating liberation theology and marxism?  Ask Venezuelans if they would have wanted a modern day Reagan to help them throw off communist tyranny.  Instead they starve.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

QuoteOur Lady of Guadalupe did not despise all of Mexican culture.
And what did they do after receiving such a tremendous gift?  They slaughtered the Criseros.  The nation has been cursed ever since.  France still iives with the curse of the Vendee to this day.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Lynne

Quote from: james03 on November 17, 2020, 08:40:10 AM

NAFTA was an abomination.

As Ross Perot called it, "that giant sucking sound"
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

christulsa

Quote from: james03 on November 17, 2020, 08:42:06 AM
QuoteOur Lady of Guadalupe did not despise all of Mexican culture.
And what did they do after receiving such a tremendous gift?  They The Calles government slaughtered the Criseros.  The nation has been cursed ever since.  France still iives with the curse of the Vendee to this day.

Innocent Smith

Quote from: Lynne on November 17, 2020, 09:13:59 AM

As Ross Perot called it, "a giant sucking sound"

Accurate, I suppose, but not enough specifics here.  Which is always the problem.  This amounts to "down with NAFTA, Boo!". 

Unfortunately it doesn't come close to explaining the nature of the problem.  That governments; the U.S., Mexico, and Canada got together, and under the guise of NAFTA did the great legal work to undue all laws concerning tariffs, inter-state and inter-nation transport, and created new ones in their places to make it possible.  There was talk of infrastructure and not having to have trucks inspected.  Don't know if that actually happened, but that might explain how most of the drugs from the South are coming in.

Price fixing was involved.  I remember all sorts of amendments at the time it was being prepared.  One concerned the price of oranges to protect Florida orange growers.  This was all known ahead of time. 

In short, these governments did this for the sake of oligarchs and their lawyers with the politicians, police, and just about every other government employee whetting their beaks.  These people are mostly American Citizens.

An armed citizenry, not with guns but brains, needed to put a stop to this back then.  This day to day stuff.  This not sexy or non-exciting stuff is how elections get stolen in broad daylight less than 30 years later.

So what if Trump pulls it out?  The citizenry is so stupid that they aren't worth saving.  But last I heard Trump was thinking of bombing Iran as one of his curtain calls. 

The citizenry, in general, reminds me of talking to my dog.  I point and say, "look overthrew".  But she just looks at my finger. 

When 10 year olds started printing birthday cards on computers in the early '90s many parents thought they were super creative.  They didn't realize they were just learning to press buttons and involved in an activity far less expensive and far less creative than finger painting. 
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Lynne

Quote from: Innocent Smith on November 17, 2020, 09:37:04 AM
Quote from: Lynne on November 17, 2020, 09:13:59 AM

As Ross Perot called it, "a giant sucking sound"

Accurate, I suppose, but not enough specifics here.  Which is always the problem.  This amounts to "down with NAFTA, Boo!". 

Unfortunately it doesn't come close to explaining the nature of the problem.  That governments; the U.S., Mexico, and Canada got together, and under the guise of NAFTA did the great legal work to undue all laws concerning tariffs, inter-state and inter-nation transport, and created new ones in their places to make it possible.  There was talk of infrastructure and not having to have trucks inspected.  Don't know if that actually happened, but that might explain how most of the drugs from the South are coming in.

Price fixing was involved.  I remember all sorts of amendments at the time it was being prepared.  One concerned the price of oranges to protect Florida orange growers.  This was all known ahead of time. 

In short, these governments did this for the sake of oligarchs and their lawyers with the politicians, police, and just about every other government employee whetting their beaks.  These people are mostly American Citizens.

An armed citizenry, not with guns but brains, needed to put a stop to this back then.  This day to day stuff.  This not sexy or non-exciting stuff is how elections get stolen in broad daylight less than 30 years later.

So what if Trump pulls it out?  The citizenry is so stupid that they aren't worth saving.  But last I heard Trump was thinking of bombing Iran as one of his curtain calls. 

The citizenry, in general, reminds me of talking to my dog.  I point and say, "look overthrew".  But she just looks at my finger. 

When 10 year olds started printing birthday cards on computers in the early '90s many parents thought they were super creative.  They didn't realize they were just learning to press buttons and involved in an activity far less expensive and far less creative than finger painting.

Perot *did* explain it with all kinds of charts. You could probably find videos on Youtube about it. Some people actually listened and got it. Others at least remembered the sound bite. It all goes back to the dumbing down of the educational system. Critical thinking skills were removed from the curriculum a long time ago.

And, btw, Trump is the only president since Eisenhower to not commit us to another overseas "engagement". He has no reason to bomb Iran. Do you realize that he got nominated for 4 Nobel Peace Prizes? He knows how to negotiate, he doesn't need to bomb. That's something Obama did.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

james03

Trump has been spending the last four years keeping the war pigs from bombing Iran.

Do you forget all the attacks?  Tanker bombings, Saudi missile strike, and when they shot down a drone?  Trump also kept us from escalating Syria.  After the chem false flag attacks, he'd call up Russia 4 hours before hand and let Putin know cruise missiles would be coming in at such and such hour and hit at such and such place.  Result? No escalation after the false flag attacks.

Trump has done a darn good job in foreign policy.  Walking in to North Korea?  Are you kidding me?

But Iran is a complicated matter.  Obviously ZOG wants them nuked.  But at the same time they are likely a major conduit for heroin.  THAT is the main problem.  And THAT is why Odumbo flew in all of that cash.

King Wenceslas

Quote"I expect an end to the misunderstood tolerance and finally an awareness, in all European countries, of how dangerous the ideology of political Islam is for our freedom and for the European way of life," Chancellor Sebastian Kurz, 33, told German newspaper Die Welt.

Modern European way of life: Killing babies and anal sex.

mikemac

Quote from: Innocent Smith on November 14, 2020, 07:42:33 PM
Quote from: mikemac on November 14, 2020, 05:44:39 PM
What are they ready to assume, the throne of the European Union?  From what I've read Blessed Karl himself had a fair amount to do with the start of the European Union.  The current Karl is known for being Pro-European and is also an advocate for the Pan-European movement.  He is being promoted as the next President of the European Commission.

Fair enough comment.  Had I not seen them at a Midnight Mass one year and given Holy Communion first, and at a later time attend a weeknight Mass for Blessed Karl in which the current Karl said a few words and spent much time talking to a rather small crowd, I wouldn't have brought them up.

But let me rephrase it to ask where is the Catholicism in this statement by the current Austrian Chancellor?  Denying Muslims veils and attending a mosque is ridiculous and amounts to religious prosecution.  If Catholic women start to veil in Austria at some future time they may be outlawed before they start.  Basically, they won't even be thought of as it would feel to religiously extreme. 

I have been all over Europe.  It's been 10 years since my last trip.  I never saw any to be a problem and in some places little Muslim school boys in a McDonalds in Amsterdam looked like well behaved Catholic boys in their school uniforms. 

I do resent the racism.  And I do resent the tieing of hating Muslims with the Pro Life message. 

You can see where some liberals might get the idea, false idea I might add, that Pro Life people only care about the "fetus" and not the child once it enters the world. 

So tired of it all.

When referring to "Political Islam" I don't think the Austrian Chancellor was talking about denying Muslims veils, attending a mosque or little Muslim school boys in McDonalds in Amsterdam ten years ago.  This Sky News Australia reporter gets it.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wphtKOwLJmc[/yt]
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source