Waldorf Steiner Schools

Started by Philip G., June 21, 2020, 11:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip G.

Have any of you heard of and/or had experience with waldorf/steiner schools?  I just learned about these a few weeks ago. 

The school is founded by Rudolf Steiner.  If you don't know who he is, he is a very strange character.  He also founded I understand biodynamic gardening.  Which, is basically an occult form of gardening that is very popular in the wine industry and among elites.  It literally revolves around satanic bull crap.  Learn about it if you have not heard of it.  As a traditional catholic, I think you will find it interesting.  My guess is the school is no different, that is it is a mixture of the best and the worst.  The worst uses the best as its vehicle. 

This persons video story below certain can be criticized, but this lady basically said her experience with it entailed witchcraft.  Her son pointed to the wands with crystals on the ends in the teachers office that were used to teach the children to cast spells.  She also details another witchcraft behavior encounter.     

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

The Harlequin King

My preschool-aged children presently go to a Waldorf school. They made considerable advancement in their reading, creative, and social skills. I'm sure that Waldorf schools, by their nature as an alternative form of education, attract all kinds of weird folks: both hippies and "crunchy" conservatives. I appreciate the gentle, freeform and low-tech approach to schooling. But it's not for everyone, and like with anything, one must carefully discern. Obviously, this isn't an endorsement of everything Rudolf Steiner ever said or did.

Philip G.

Quote from: The Harlequin King on June 22, 2020, 02:36:55 PM
My preschool-aged children presently go to a Waldorf school. They made considerable advancement in their reading, creative, and social skills. I'm sure that Waldorf schools, by their nature as an alternative form of education, attract all kinds of weird folks: both hippies and "crunchy" conservatives. I appreciate the gentle, freeform and low-tech approach to schooling. But it's not for everyone, and like with anything, one must carefully discern. Obviously, this isn't an endorsement of everything Rudolf Steiner ever said or did.

Perhaps there is merit to the idea that not all waldorf schools are identical, with their being potential for quite a bit of diversity in the standards/results.  This would account for the bad references, and this would account for good references.  I am glad to hear that you are pleased with the results you are getting.  Because, like with steiner gardening, the good present, is very good, and not sufficiently found elsewhere.  However, unfortunately, the negative of steiners gardening method is not tolerable in my opinion.  I recon if I dug deep enough into waldorf, I would likely conclude the same. 

I gave a guitar lesson to a waldorf teacher a few months ago.  It wasn't until a while after that I learned she was a waldorf teacher, which got me looking into the school.  It would have made sense of many oddities that I encountered around her.

FYI I went to a montesori school for two years.  I noticed there was another current thread on that subject.  And, it seems waldorf is somewhat comparable to montesori.  Yet, I had never heard of it.  So, I thought I would give the subject a bump, and see what people think. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Traditionallyruralmom

my oldest went to a Waldorf Kindergarden.  The one near us is filled with people who are very new age/ revolutionary.  I would never want my children among those poor little misguided souls. 
Steiner is wacky.  Read some of his stuff,  not Christian,  yet they do borrow bits and parts of it here and there.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Elizabeth.2

I have known lots of people who either went to Waldorf schools or their kids did.  The artiness and elitism is tempting, but the occultism of Steiner is extreme.  I'd say that I've been influenced by the Waldorf mentality, which leads to say, attending Bennington, and actually believing that one is entitled to operate on feelings of mystical superiority and undisciplined use of one's imagination.
Not a good combo for somebody like me, although I'm sure I ended up using some of the Waldorf principles and materials at early homeschooling.

dellery

I freelance infiltrated this guy's farm for a season. It's definitely occult. One night they sacrificed a goat and mixed it into a large cauldren w/ other strange items and sprinkled it into their fields. This was years ago and, unfortunately, I don't think my work was very good then.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelic_Organics

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Real_Dirt_on_Farmer_John

QuoteAs the intricate weave of rural America unravels, vicious local rumors turn John into a scapegoat, condemning him as a Satan-worshipping drug-dealer. Threatened with murder, his home burned to the ground, John forsakes his farm and wanders through Mexico, where he is transformed by the soulfulness and pageantry of this ancient land. Mysteriously, his quest leads him back to his hostile homeland.

Defying all odds, he gradually transforms his land into a revolutionary farming community, a cultural mecca, where people work and flourish providing fresh vegetables and herbs to thousands of people every week.

The Peterson family farm has become Angelic Organics, one of the largest Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farms.

http://www.angelicorganics.com/ao/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=148&Itemid=182
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Traditionallyruralmom

Quote from: dellery on October 08, 2020, 10:56:44 AM
I freelance infiltrated this guy's farm for a season. It's definitely occult. One night they sacrificed a goat and mixed it into a large cauldren w/ other strange items and sprinkled it into their fields. This was years ago and, unfortunately, I don't think my work was very good then.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelic_Organics

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Real_Dirt_on_Farmer_John

QuoteAs the intricate weave of rural America unravels, vicious local rumors turn John into a scapegoat, condemning him as a Satan-worshipping drug-dealer. Threatened with murder, his home burned to the ground, John forsakes his farm and wanders through Mexico, where he is transformed by the soulfulness and pageantry of this ancient land. Mysteriously, his quest leads him back to his hostile homeland.

Defying all odds, he gradually transforms his land into a revolutionary farming community, a cultural mecca, where people work and flourish providing fresh vegetables and herbs to thousands of people every week.

The Peterson family farm has become Angelic Organics, one of the largest Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farms.

http://www.angelicorganics.com/ao/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=148&Itemid=182

did they seriously sacrifice it?  I know biodynamic farmers.  Blood is normally used as a field dressing, applied with moon phase gardening techniques and things like that.  Most of the  biodynamic farmers I know are not evil and satanic, just new age dippy.

dellery

Quote from: Traditionallyruralmom on October 12, 2020, 04:59:12 AM

did they seriously sacrifice it?  I know biodynamic farmers.  Blood is normally used as a field dressing, applied with moon phase gardening techniques and things like that.  Most of the  biodynamic farmers I know are not evil and satanic, just new age dippy.

They killed it and drained it of blood, dunno if that's technically considered a sacrifice, and I don't remember if they ate it afterwards or not. The dude at Angelic Organics is a Satanic homo who runs around with a Finnish "wife" 45 years younger than himself and has vintage Chicom propaganda posters framed around his farm. When I was out there the State Police were also checking him out and would surveil his property at night. The guy went so far as to tell everybody to leave their pot, shrooms, and acid at home because the Police would try to bust them with it on the way to/from the farm. The guy is really paranoid because the Police are after him and his neighbors hate him for his weird nighttime rituals. He eventually got nailed by the IRS for something or another, but is still up and running last I checked.
There's something a little bit more than just dippy new age shenanigans going on out at Angelic Organics at least.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Traditionallyruralmom

Quote from: dellery on October 12, 2020, 06:22:26 AM
Quote from: Traditionallyruralmom on October 12, 2020, 04:59:12 AM

They killed it and drained it of blood, dunno if that's technically considered a sacrifice, and I don't remember if they ate it afterwards or not. The dude at Angelic Organics is a Satanic homo who runs around with a Finnish "wife" 45 years younger than himself and has vintage Chicom propaganda posters framed around his farm. When I was out there the State Police were also checking him out and would surveil his property at night. The guy went so far as to tell everybody to leave their pot, shrooms, and acid at home because the Police would try to bust them with it on the way to/from the farm. The guy is really paranoid because the Police are after him and his neighbors hate him for his weird nighttime rituals. He eventually got nailed by the IRS for something or another, but is still up and running last I checked.
There's something a little bit more than just dippy new age shenanigans going on out at Angelic Organics at least.

yikes...I have known some dudes like him in my past...not the draining the blood from goats stuff, but the rest of it sounds all to familiar.   Thankful to God for my grace of conversion and saving me from such acquaintances company.