Father Corapi sells his belonings and returns to SOLT.

Started by Older Salt, July 29, 2013, 03:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

So priests in their 50s usually die their beard and eyebrows black, just on a whim?

That is not my experience of good priests or normal healthy men in general.

It is the sort of thing actors, entertainers and Media luvies do or men who work in the fashion industry.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Older Salt

Fr Corapi could have dyed his beard for the wrong reason, or not.

What I am saying is none of us know for sure that he did it for sinful reasons.

He could have just been messing around innocently.

Anyhow, Father Corapi has apparently come back to his senses now.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

trentcath

Quote from: dymphna17 on July 31, 2013, 01:31:07 PM
Quote from: Gerard on July 31, 2013, 11:29:50 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on July 31, 2013, 10:30:22 AM
Odd he hasn't gone to the press with this.  Maybe he has turned over a humility leaf.

First it's a rumor.  Wait and see.  Second, you act as if he was the guilty party even though he's denied it continually and the accusers were busy trying to get him to pay for the settlement of the sodomite who hired the hit man.

Calm down Gerard.  I'm not acting like anything.  He was guilty of spending and enjoying, in my personal opinion, the media too much for his own good.  That's all.  The rest, I don't know about and probably never will.  I hope he works to save his soul and those of others now.

Don't get Gerard started on the subject, he has somewhat of a neurosis when it comes to Fr Corapi as those of us from FE will remember.

Gerard

Quote from: Greg on July 31, 2013, 10:43:53 PM
He would look his age.  Not like some near retirement aged man having a late mid life crisis.

That's right, lighting has nothing to do with how someone appears when they are public speakers.  But public speakers, actors and media people don't take measures to compensate for unnatural lighting, they must do it out of fixations. 

Do you have a problem with men who clip their nose hair and the wild jungles of their ears? Are they too preening and mincing for the ear wax and snot-nosed proud? 

I'm just curious as to where you draw the line.  It seems you're just taking rather unmanly and sophomoric potshots as far as I can see and they really don't amount to much logically.

Gerard

Quote from: trentcath on August 01, 2013, 08:13:43 AM
Don't get Gerard started on the subject, he has somewhat of a neurosis when it comes to Fr Corapi as those of us from FE will remember.

Consistency, not neurosis.  I do spiritual works of mercy when rebuking trads for rash judgment and sounding like idiots when they go off on these irrational benders.

Othmar

I'm not exactly familiar with the case of Fr. Corapi, but I hope he finds peace with the SOLT (again).