Father Corapi sells his belonings and returns to SOLT.

Started by Older Salt, July 29, 2013, 03:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Older Salt

I have no references for this, but I just got off the phone to my mother, who in turn called my brother who is the FFI in Maine NY.

My brother, Andrew, was told by his superior that Father John Corapi has returned to his order.

I will post when more references become available.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Larry

"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

nmoerbeek

"Let me, however, beg of Your Beatitude...
not to think so much of what I have written, as of my good and kind intentions. Please look for the truths of which I speak rather than for beauty of expression. Where I do not come up to your expectations, pardon me, and put my shortcomings down, please, to lack of time and stress of business." St. Bonaventure, From the Preface of Holiness of Life.

Apostolate:
http://www.alleluiaaudiobooks.com/
Contributor:
http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/
Lay Association:
http://www.militiatempli.net/

Gerard

Quote from: Older Salt on July 29, 2013, 03:42:13 PM
I have no references for this, but I just got off the phone to my mother, who in turn called my brother who is the FFI in Maine NY.

My brother, Andrew, was told by his superior that Father John Corapi has returned to his order.

Hmmm...that will be interesting to see if anything actually surfaces. 

It could be a good thing or a bad thing. 

Older Salt

Quote from: nmoerbeek on July 29, 2013, 08:09:22 PM
How is your brother doing?
Apparently, according to my mother, he is doing fine and is offering it al up to Mary.

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Older Salt

Quote from: Gerard on July 29, 2013, 10:09:09 PM
Quote from: Older Salt on July 29, 2013, 03:42:13 PM

To leave the world behind and fulfill ones vow seems like a good thing.

Gerard

Quote from: Older Salt on July 30, 2013, 06:09:43 AM

To leave the world behind and fulfill ones vow seems like a good thing.

Yes. If the regular mode of religious life were the order of the day.  SOLT as you remember had to settle a case for 2 million dollars in which one of their priests who is a homosexual hired a hit man to murder his sexual abuse victim.

That hardly constitutes the regular mode of religious life. 

dust

"The Truth is still the Truth, even if nobody believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everybody believes it." ++ Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen
"Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris"

Greg

If he does come back they should ban him from any kind of publicity or media appearance.  Seems to have an addict's personality and the gift of the gab.  A dangerous combination for a monk.  Put him on a farm for the next 20 years.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

dymphna17

Odd he hasn't gone to the press with this.  Maybe he has turned over a humility leaf.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lynne

Quote from: dymphna17 on July 31, 2013, 10:30:22 AM
Odd he hasn't gone to the press with this.  Maybe he has turned over a humility leaf.

That's the point, I'm hoping, if this is true. Maybe he's going to do a Pope Benedict thing and just quietly submit to his order. It was be wonderful to have him back in the fold. But it would be awful to have him traveling around, speaking again. Those days are gone.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Gerard

First it's a rumor.  Wait and see.  Second, you act as if he was the guilty party even though he's denied it continually and the accusers were busy trying to get him to pay for the settlement of the sodomite who hired the hit man.

Gerard

Quote from: catquilt on July 31, 2013, 11:11:48 AM

That's the point, I'm hoping, if this is true. Maybe he's going to do a Pope Benedict thing and just quietly submit to his order. It was be wonderful to have him back in the fold. But it would be awful to have him traveling around, speaking again. Those days are gone.

Back in the fold?  What are you talking about?  He wasn't excommunicated, he was canonically released from ministry by his own request.  God knows we don't need good preachers condemning homosexual behavior in front of large crowds of people actually listening. 

I would rather he be gone and silent than be a puppet of corrupt religious orders.  My preference would be for a tell all book and a series of interviews.

Lynne

Quote from: Gerard on July 31, 2013, 11:33:16 AM
Quote from: catquilt on July 31, 2013, 11:11:48 AM

Back in the fold?  What are you talking about?  He wasn't excommunicated, he was canonically released from ministry by his own request.   God knows we don't need good preachers condemning homosexual behavior in front of large crowds of people actually listening. 

I would rather he be gone and silent than be a puppet of corrupt religious orders.  My preference would be for a tell all book and a series of interviews.

That's what I meant, *he* left. It would be wonderful if he came back.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

LouisIX

Gerard, I admire your zeal to defend Fr. Corapi until he's proven guilty, but the thing that upset me most about the way he handled things was that he stopped referring to himself as a priest and even mentioned leaving the priesthood.  I understand that his faculties were stripped, but Fr. knows well enough that he is still a priest and that scandal can be caused by insinuating that he's not.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.