The Five Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate who caused the intervention

Started by FockeWulf, May 27, 2014, 11:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FockeWulf

I am not certain if anyone has previously mentioned just who these five are, but I always had my suspicions given that my friend, a former FFI, always referred back to the blog posts of his former superior as a way to counter the points I raised when trying to get through to him just how terribly unjust the whole ordeal has been. In reading Rorate today I came across the article regarding the Sisters and their presently unfolding inquisition, wherein it was mentioned that, while as a whole the friars have all been silenced, the five instigators are left to blog as they wish undisturbed. That's when it clicked and I returned to the Mary Victrix blog and read Father Angelo Mary Geiger's latest post from the 25th in which he admits to being one of the five initial complainants. So I thought I'd share. I also realize now why my friend's opinion on the whole thing has been so corrupted.

Fr Angelo writes:

"I am one of the original five friars who appealed to the Holy See concerning the problems within our Institute.  I mention this in the interests of full disclosure."

He goes on to state that his post was co-written with the help of Fr. Agnellus Maria Murphy and published with the approval of Fr. Alfonso Maria Bruno.

http://maryvictrix.com/2014/05/25/state-of-the-franciscan-friars-of-the-immaculate/

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

FockeWulf

Here's an brief glimpse into this man's mind. Notice how he implies Pope Francis was "sent by God" and has "prophetic graces."  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CEgBjc34EI#t=11m30s

Lynne

It would be a near occasion of sin for me to read his blog because I would be tempted to say some very uncharitable things.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

lauermar

So that is how this inquisition started. Pope Francis took over,  and they felt they could pull this off and get away with it.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Lynne

No, they started their insurrection under Pope Benedict and for whatever reason, he didn't get it resolved.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dust

The modernists are empowered.  The gloves are coming off.  Until this Papacy is over,  or Divine intervention occurs,  we are in for one of the most destructive periods in the Church ever witnessed.
"The Truth is still the Truth, even if nobody believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everybody believes it." ++ Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen
"Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris"

Adeodatus

Why do these people wage war against Jesus Christ? Their vile treason is as baffling as it is repugnant. Do they hate Him so much?
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

FockeWulf

Quote from: Adeodatus on May 28, 2014, 09:32:36 PM
Why do these people wage war against Jesus Christ? Their vile treason is as baffling as it is repugnant. Do they hate Him so much?

No, I don't think they hate him. I think they are mostly lost and too often conflate their own personal feelings, ideas, and desires with the identity of Jesus and before long have a distorted concept of Christ and the Gospels. It is anthropocentricism at its foundation though they are likely too awash in confusion to see that. Then there are certainly those in the minority who use these useful idiots to full advantage. These individuals are the more nefarious, and with full awareness reject Jesus as he has been understood century after century. They are fully blinded by pride and think their conception of him to be more enlightened. They often reject his divinity. Then yet an even smaller minority are those who can be deemed real enemies and who throw their lot in with satanists. These are the one's actively working to destroy the Church.