Christmas Dinner

Started by verenaerin, December 17, 2014, 04:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verenaerin

What is your menu?

I am doing mini beef wellingtons. They are actually pretty easy and you make them the day before and then they sit over night. Also their baking time isn't very long.

-garlic mashed potatoes
-green beans

I don't know what else. Still thinking about it.

maryslittlegarden

Ham, cheesey potatoes, not sure what else yet. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

MundaCorMeum

My husband is smoking a half turkey.  I'll do the trimmings: rice dressing, salad, homemade Mac n cheese, and either green beans wrapped in bacon or sausage stuffed jalapeƱos.....maybe both....it's Christmas, after all.  Wine, home brew, and cranberry spritzers for the underage crowd

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

OzarkCatholic

My work gives me a case of wine and a free ham for Christmas, so we will be having those (not the whole case). In addition, we will be having green beans, eggplant parm (Wife is vegetarian) and these bad boys...

Gratin. Hasselback style.
Feels like Groundhog Day again.

JubilateDeo

Looks yummy! 

My mom's side of the family makes pierogi, kielbasa, ham, scalloped potatoes.... Pretty much any combination of pork and potatoes you can think of.

Penelope

My husband is making pot roast at my parents' house. Sides include carrots, potatoes, broccoli casserole, corn, and maybe green beans amandine.

erin is nice

Whatever my mom decides to cook, I'm relaxing  :lol:

Parresia

Ham, mashed potatoes with ham gravy, some sides of some kind (still working on that part), and dessert (probably pie or bread pudding). 

Bernadette

It's still up in the air for us. My sister's not getting here until Christmas night, so we'll be eating the official dinner on St. Stephen's Day.
My Lord and my God.

St. Drogo

Suckling pig and roasted eel with various accompaniments.

OCLittleFlower

It's a team effort at my grandma's.

Roast beef and mashed potatoes.  Not sure what the other sides are. 
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

OzarkCatholic

Here's the link to the recipe for Hasselback Gratin. it's another one from Kenji at Serious Eats (he's the one who deconstructed the McD's french fry, Chick Fil A sandwich, etc.) The photo in the above isn't mine, but I've made them once and yes-they do turn out like that.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/12/the-food-lab-hasselback-potato-gratin-the-best-potatoes-ever-recipe.html
Feels like Groundhog Day again.

Parresia

Southern Ascetic

6lb roast in Merlot with Carrots, Onions, Purple Potatoes. Asparagus. Rolls.

AND CHEESECAKE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

And Crown Royal and Bourbon.