Recent posts

The Sedevacantist Thesis / Re: Would you attend these Mas...
Last post by Baylee - Today at 12:05:07 PM
As mod, can you see who votes what?
Quote from: Miriam_M on Today at 11:32:12 AM
Quote from: awkward customer on Today at 11:29:45 AMWhether the NO Mass is valid or not, it certainly seems as if the NO rite for consecrating bishops is invalid.  (See other thread)

Whether the NO Mass is valid or not, if there are no more Bishops, soon there won't be any more priests.

Which would mean that the Church of Jesus Christ has defected, which is an impossibility.

No. It would mean that the Conciliar Church, with its fake bishops and non-ordained priests, is not the Catholic Church.
General Catholic Discussion / Re: Follow-up on N.O.M.
Last post by Baylee - Today at 11:43:43 AM
Quote from: Miriam_M on Today at 11:32:12 AM
Quote from: awkward customer on Today at 11:29:45 AMWhether the NO Mass is valid or not, it certainly seems as if the NO rite for consecrating bishops is invalid.  (See other thread)

Whether the NO Mass is valid or not, if there are no more Bishops, soon there won't be any more priests.

Which would mean that the Church of Jesus Christ has defected, which is an impossibility.

But a mass promulgated by the same church and hierarchy that gives spiritual harm to the Faithful would not mean it has defected? 
Traditional Catholic Discussion / When to baptize?
Last post by DuxLux - Today at 11:39:48 AM
When is it appropriate to baptize the newborn (i.e. time after birth)?
It's 1985, and a Sunday. Archbishop Lefebvre is down the street saying a Low Mass, no sermon, and ostensibly saying Mass "una cum JP2." 

It's 2024. A retired, 90 year old diocesan priest, who was ordained in 1964, is saying Mass on Sunday. This Mass is the only nearby Mass within 6 hours travel. The priest is 100% orthodox and is completely opposed to the Novus Ordo, V2, etc.  Said priest tried to do his best within the diocesan framework, and for his efforts was never given a real assignment and made a hospital chaplain his entire career. Little by little, he came to slowly reject the V2 changes, but this took decades.  Said priest publicly tells people, I think it is hugely possible and even likely that all of the conciliar popes have been impostors, that one day the Church will decide, that I don't want to make the decision. I simply personally don't agree with formal SVism for x, y, or z. He tells people that he has doubts as to Bergoglio's papacy, but he is afraid to omit this name because if he is wrong, he'd be schismatic and sinning. (FYI, this is all based off a real life example of a priest I know).

Would you attend these Masses? In the scenario, these are the only Masses you can avail of. It's either go to these, or stay home.
Last post by Miriam_M - Today at 11:32:12 AM

Whether the NO Mass is valid or not, it certainly seems as if the NO rite for consecrating bishops is invalid.  (See other thread)

General Catholic Discussion / Re: Would you rather...?
Last post by clau clau - Today at 11:20:43 AM
I voted for the first.

Frodo: 'I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.'

Gandalf: 'So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides that of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring, in which case you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought."
The Sedevacantist Thesis / Re: Una Cum Mass
Last post by Bonaventure - Today at 11:20:20 AM
Quote from: Baylee on Today at 11:14:14 AM
Quote from: Bonaventure on Today at 11:11:43 AMI've edited option 4 to be more precise.

But then what is the difference between 3 and 4?  Sorry.

At this point, it would only be "there is no non una cum Mass near me."
Last post by Miriam_M - Today at 11:14:16 AM
Quote from: Bonaventure on Today at 09:48:58 AMThere will never be a consensus on validity until this crisis is over.

I don't think the validity of the NO matters.

Spiritual harm is spiritual harm, whether the Eucharist is confected validly or not.
I was actually much more interested in the portions about the destruction of the Missal and the dismissal of the principles and directives in Sacrosanctum Concilium.