Daily Life on the International Space Station

Started by Bernadette, September 27, 2014, 06:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

So I've just discovered these videos of Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield explaining how everyday activities like shaving, brushing your teeth, sleeping, etc. are done in space, and they're really cool! Who would have thought that we'd have access to this kind of minutiae?  :D I love stuff like this, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how they handle food.

Here's the link to all of his videos posted by the Canadian Space Agency: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUaartJaon3LV-ZQ4J3bNQj4VNVG2ByIG Enjoy!
My Lord and my God.

Lydia Purpuraria

I'll have to check these out later - I bet my boys will think it's pretty cool. Thanks for the link.

red solo cup

Watched the clip about recycling water. Saw a Canadian talk about drinking his own urine. There's got to be a Molsons joke in there somewhere. ;D
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Bernadette

Quote from: red solo cup on September 28, 2014, 05:37:43 AM
Watched the clip about recycling water. Saw a Canadian talk about drinking his own urine. There's got to be a Molsons joke in there somewhere. ;D

Oh, sure, you couldn't comment on the video of how to wash your hands in space instead.  ::)
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: red solo cup on September 28, 2014, 05:37:43 AM

Its MOLSON not MOLSONS...respect the beer or pay the consequences.

I got Cmdr. Hadfield's book last Christmas. I put it down about 3 chapters in...all I got out of it was, "I did this, I did that, look at what I did..emphasis on I". After about the 4th page I had a pretty good idea he thought he was God.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

red solo cup

When I'm drinking beer it's always plural. What's next Labatt not Labatts?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Greg

Imagine the quilt you could make if stuck up there Bernadette. ;D
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: red solo cup on September 29, 2014, 04:23:16 AM

Erroneous. It's like the word Moose, both singular and plural. One can of Molson: "I'm drinking this Molson"...more than one can: "Look at all this Molson I'm drinking!"

Same with Labatts..."I'm drinking this Labatt"..."Im going to crush so much Labatt tonight"

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Bernadette

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 29, 2014, 03:03:12 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on September 29, 2014, 04:23:16 AM

Erroneous. It's like the word Moose, both singular and plural. One can of Molson: "I'm drinking this Molson"...more than one can: "Look at all this Molson I'm drinking!"

Same with Labatts..."I'm drinking this Labatt"..."Im going to crush so much Labatt tonight"

You guys are just thread hijackers. That's what you are. Thread hijackers.  :skeptical:

Quote from: Greg on September 29, 2014, 05:05:29 AM
Imagine the quilt you could make if stuck up there Bernadette. ;D

Except for Greg, since he mentions a subject so dear to my heart. :)
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

Sorry Bernadette...it's an issue I take seriously :P

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...how about that space station eh?

- MaximGun