"Science, Catholics and Fear"

Started by Chestertonian, September 02, 2014, 11:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

espresso foam??

can't wrap my mind around egg and oil in coffee.nn
i
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

It's my favourite way to have coffee.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Chestertonian

ionly drank espresso nothing in it
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Arun

i just use coconut oil, coffee and full cream.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Greg

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 03, 2014, 08:06:26 PM

You're obviously a bit of a purist.  Earlier in the week you baulked at sweetcorn in chicken noodle soup.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Greg on September 04, 2014, 12:54:41 AM

You're obviously a bit of a purist.  Earlier in the week you baulked at sweetcorn in chicken noodle soup.

indeed, i am a purist about chicken soup

my wife's family puts tomatoes in it.  sacrilege

Penelope

Well, this crunchy Catholic just found another reason to dislike Simcha Fisher.

Jayne

Apparently the subject ought to be "Science, Catholics and fear and coffee and chicken soup."   ;D
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Jayne on September 06, 2014, 03:50:53 AM
Apparently the subject ought to be "Science, Catholics and fear and coffee and chicken soup."   ;D
[/quote I never thought id have reason to fear eggs in my coffee but now i e
do

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 05, 2014, 08:56:00 PM

Tomatoes and whole white potatoes belong in every chicken soup...!
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Chestertonian

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on September 16, 2014, 04:18:48 PM

ewwwww

pass the compazine

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 16, 2014, 05:12:50 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on September 16, 2014, 04:18:48 PM

ewwwww

pass the compazine

Sorry, you can't have mine.  I've had migraines since I was 9 years old and have tried every possible diet and guru trick imaginable.  I even went to a "healer" that recommended I drink urine.  Mine, my Husbands, my neighbors, my friends, etc...  I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  There are some real nut jobs out there.  But sometimes fear of pain, death, etc... will make you follow that stuff.  I guess I haven't been in enough pain yet.  Even though I'm to the point I'd almost try pond water.  I don't know if I'd ever cross that threshold that I would drink urine.  My life hasn't been destroyed enough yet.

Everyone still sends me articles like the one above and I fear that if I don't try these diets of the month people will think I'm faking or I'm not really sick.  I have tried just about everything though and nothing has worked.  I've found a drug that keeps me out of the ER, but that's about it.  I'm down about 20 days of the month.  All in God's time I guess.  Meanwhile, the e-mails keep coming.

Oh, and chicken soup should have corn in it, but no tomatoes.  Just sayin'.   ;)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

drinking urine....yeah....no

that would be one of those things where i'd be grateful i have a feeding tube though.....yuck

i take it for nausea

i have ha d people suggest every diet and herbal treatment.  what i think people don't realize is that a lot of essential oils and her bal supplements DO work but they're not always safe....little testing goes into them....which doesn't mean they're not effective but if you have a really serious condition and your health is so fragile that one little thing could mess everything up, it's not a good idea

i have been told to avoid a lot of herbs and such for that reason

dymphna17

That's true Chestertonian.  I take Compazine for nausea as well.  Sometimes it helps and sometimes not.  I thank God for it though.  It works better than Phenergran, although that will work when Compazine is unavailable.  Have you had any trouble finding it?

As for herbal treatments you are right.  I've had some of them bring on a migraine and make it worse.  You just don't know how you will react until you try it.  It's not necessarily worth the try though.  I've kind of given up.  I guess I'm not desperate enough to keep on trying, yet.  Can you become comfortable in your pain and misery?  I like to think not, but I'm really not sure anymore.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

we only use compounding pharmacies so it is less of an issue

comfortable in pain and misery?  i don't know

i am kind of weird in that my brain kind of dissociates from my body sometimes and it's almost like the pain is on it s own "track" and i fel it,
  but i can't exactly explain how it works.  i try to distract myself  with anything and everything.  sometimes the discraticion is posting on SD sometimes it's other real people sometimes it's prayer,

sometimes there is no distraction