German compared to other languages

Started by Jayne, November 21, 2015, 12:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Kaesekopf

Everything sounds mean if you shout it like a bigot.  :(
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 21, 2015, 02:08:41 PM
Everything sounds mean if you shout it like a bigot.  :(

That's true, it was definitely a caricature.  But the German was endearing nonetheless. LOL.

Kaesekopf

I know folks yelled in my general direction in France, and I had never heard French sound so intimidating...

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Dom Passerini

a sparrow all alone on the housetop

Lydia Purpuraria

LausTibiChriste

German is a fantastic language. I used to think it was ugly, but not anymore. I shall learn it one day.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

MundaCorMeum

My husband, oldest two kids, and I thought the original video was funny.  The two year old, however, said, "that was so weird.  That was horrible."  :huh:  she's silly

anyway, here's another one for you, Kaesekopf....this one makes Germans look much more amiable to hang out with  :D

DISCLAIMER: I have no idea what these guys are saying.  If there is anything terribly inappropriate, I do apologize.

*youtube posting failure....trying again
**i used the 'youtube' button from the toolbar, and the link shows up when I edit my post, but when I save it, it disappears on the main forum.  What am I doing wrong?? 

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSfRg9TuD7Q[/yt]

Kaesekopf

Take the s out of https, make sure it's not a mobile link

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Kaesekopf

Did it for you

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Kaesekopf on November 24, 2015, 08:30:33 AM
Take the s out of https, make sure it's not a mobile link

Got it!  Thanks  :D

Kaesekopf

:lol:

Heinrich

Quote from: Dom Passerini on November 21, 2015, 09:09:16 PM

And for any one keeping score: Geschlechtsverkehr literally translates to "gender" "traffic".
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

dolores

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!