Prayer to God for peace on earth and to our Lady Queen of Angels, for protection

Started by Traditionallyruralmom, November 19, 2015, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traditionallyruralmom

I found this prayer on a little table in the back of St Giannas Oratory in AZ years ago when our family was camping across the SW USA.  I have kept it in my missal ever since and pray it at the consecration every mass.

PRAYER TO GOD FOR PEACE ON EARTH AND TO OUR LADY, QUEEN OF ANGELS,FOR PROTECTION.

According to information from a reliable source the following prayer was disclosed to a devout priest in Rome during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, when it was revealed to him that those who say the prayer with devotion and faith would be spared from the great sufferings that are soon to come in the world.

O Jesus! Divine Saviour! be merciful, be merciful to us and to the whole world. Amen.
Powerful God! Holy God! Immortal God! Have compassion upon us and the whole world. Amen.
Grace and mercy, my Jesus, during the present danger! Shield us with Thy Precious Blood. Amen.
Eternal Father, show us mercy in the name of the Precious Blood of Thy Only Son; show us mercy, we implore Thee. Amen.

A Bernadine Sister was shown in spirit the vast desolation caused by the devil throughout the world, and at the same time she heard the blessed Virgin telling her that it was true, hell had been let loose upon earth, and that the time had come to pray to her as queen of angels and to ask of her the assistance of the Heavenly Legions to fight against these deadly foes of God and men.
"But my good Mother", she replied, "you who are so kind could you not send them without our asking?" "No", Our Lady answered; "because prayer is one of the conditions required by God Himself for obtaining favours". Then the Blessed Virgin communicated the following prayer, bidding her to get it printed and distribute it gratis.

August the Queen of Heaven! Soverign Mistress of Angels! Thou Who from the beginning has received from God the Power and mission to crush the head of satan; we humbly beseech Thee to send thy holy Legions that under thy command and by thy power, they may pursue the evil spirits; encounter them on every side; resist their bold attacks and drive them hence into the abyss of eternal woe. Amen.
"Who is Like Unto God!"
O Good and tender Mother! Thou shalt ever be our love and our hope.
Holy Angels and Archangels, keep us and defend us. Amen.

Nihil Obsat:ARTHUR J. SCANLAN S.T.D. , Censor Liborum  Imprimatur:PATRICK CARDINAL HAYES, Archbishop, New York, September 5, 1936.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.