online homeschools with live instruction?

Started by Geremia, November 10, 2020, 03:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geremia

Besides Kolbe Academy, Queen of Heaven Academy, Angelicum Academy, or Homeschool Connections, are there any other online homeschools with live instruction?

Daniel

I am not aware of any, sorry.

But if anyone has had any experience with these sorts of schools, what are your thoughts? The whole thing seems like kind of a bad idea to me. If it works it works, but I don't see how it could work. Though I suppose it's at least better than nothing (if, for example, your kid needs to be taught some subject that you are incapable of teaching, and if there are no suitable tutors in your area).

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: Geremia on November 10, 2020, 03:37:58 PM
Besides Kolbe Academy, Queen of Heaven Academy, Angelicum Academy, or Homeschool Connections, are there any other online homeschools with live instruction?

Memoria Press out of Kentucky. They are very very good, and we have so appreciated their excellent Latin teachers/online classes/etc. All online, built in quizzes, exams, etc. All grades posted in your own online account. So so professional! They are expensive, about $650 for one whole school year of Highschool Latin, but really worth it in my opinion. They offer k-12.

Geremia

Quote from: coffeeandcigarette on November 11, 2020, 09:01:22 PMMemoria Press out of Kentucky.
That's interesting. It seems curriculum publishers (like Kolbe Academy) are do live online now, too.