How long will pulled pork leftovers keep in the fridge?

Started by Kaesekopf, July 18, 2013, 10:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

I am a bachelor.  Obviously.  How long will pulled pork leftovers keep in the fridge?

How will I know if they are gone bad?

Thank you.

:)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Ancilla Domini

KK, you worry more about this... Unless it looks, smells, or tastes funny, it's fine.  And I would hazard to say that delicious pulled pork leftovers don't last long enough in anyone's fridge to go bad. Just man up, and make yourself a sammich!  :tongue:

Kaesekopf

I don't like vomiting or the other one.   :-[ Hence my worry!  :lol:

I ate two sandwiches worth of pulled pork.  It tasted fine (tasted a slight bit harder than I expected, but otherwise no big deal), smelled like pulled pork. 

And, yea, they shouldn't have lasted as long as they have, but I got lazy and wasn't really at the apartment much.  :(  Whoops...  :'(

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

OCLittleFlower

For about 10 seconds after my husband comes over and finds them.   :tongue:
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

FaithByProxy

Food tends to keep longer than people think it does. As long as it doesn't look, smell, or taste odd, it is most likely fine.

My rule for food is I usually use it within five days of when it was cooked, or I toss it. I make exceptions if I'm starving, and the food in question appears totally fine. I've never gotten sick yet.

Of course, I may just have an iron stomach, so I would just use your best judgement. Thankfully, God gifted us with all the senses we need in order to figure out if our food is edible.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

erin is nice

4-5 days if your fridge is cold and it wasn't left sitting at room temp at all.

You need to add a little water when you reheat it.

voxxpopulisuxx

Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Archer

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on July 20, 2013, 11:45:11 AM
This belongs in the lifehacks t 8)hread...

But then we couldn't have this exhilarating discussion...
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Elliott

sprungli

When the best before/ eat by date says it expires. :P

Ancilla Domini