"There but for the grace of God go I"

Started by Jayne, April 23, 2016, 07:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Quote from: Bernadette on April 25, 2016, 06:37:40 PM

Maybe I'm more of an "ostrich" type personality than most, but I don't see how this affects my salvation. I don't have to have an opinion on everything going on in the Church or on the internet, and if I do have an opinion on something, I don't have to try to win others over to it.

To be blunt: I don't really care whether he should or shouldn't be teaching publicly, because it's not my decision to make and no one's forcing me to watch his videos. I'm not in a position of authority or influence over him, so admonishing the sinner and instructing the ignorant don't apply.

You're certainly not in a position of authority over the bishops or the Pope, but, I would assume, you would lobby them, or sign a petition, to cease giving communion to pro-abort Catholic politicians.  But what business is that of yours either?  No-one is forcing you to attend their new mass or give the communion out to the politician as an extraordinary minister.  You have nothing to do with it and surely that's their local bishops business, not yours?  Right?

How on earth does a Catholic politician receiving communion from a priest 1000 miles away from where you live possibly affect your salvation?

Quote from: Bernadette on April 25, 2016, 06:37:40 PM
Ultimately, it's Voris' job to figure out whether he's fit to continue his public teaching

Ultimately, it is the Pope and Bishop's job to decide how the Church is run and the liturgy is practiced.

Ultimately, it is the seminary admissions director's job to decide whom he lets in the seminary and whether or not they'll be celibate.  Certainly not the business of a woman is it? 

I'm pretty sure you have strong opinions on MANY MANY MANY things that ultimately are not your business and don't really affect your salvation.  (But they do affect other people's salvation)
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Greg

Quote from: St.Justin on April 25, 2016, 06:40:06 PM
I find that egos tend to get in the way of God's Grace. The bigger the ego the less attention we pay to the Grace of God. If one always thinks they are right they tend to think it is God's Grace that is driving the boat when in fact it is their pride.

This makes a great deal of sense.

So now, ask yourself this.

How much of an ego do you need to have to set up a Catholic Media company to teach the faith and "trap and expose lies and falsehoods" and proceed to publicly and very repeatedly attack Catholic laypeople and Bishops no less, to the left and the right of you, making yourself the star of the show, when you have been a practicing sodomite and fornicator for 15 years prior and allowed very little time for reflection?  You also decide to keep your sordid history a secret as it might be a little humiliating for you.

Please explain how this can be accomplished by a person with a small ego.  I'm eager to understand.  Perhaps I am misjudging the situation.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Jayne

Quote from: Greg on April 25, 2016, 07:31:19 PM
How much of an ego do you need to have to set up a Catholic Media company to teach the faith and "trap and expose lies and falsehoods" and proceed to publicly and very repeatedly attack Catholic laypeople and Bishops no less, to the left and the right of you, making yourself the star of the show, when you have been a practicing sodomite and fornicator for 15 years prior and allowed very little time for reflection?  You also decide to keep your sordid history a secret as it might be a little humiliating for you.

Please explain how this can be accomplished by a person with a small ego.  I'm eager to understand.  Perhaps I am misjudging the situation.

There is already another thread for discussing Michael Voris.  You were the first one to argue for me not being allowed to participate in threads involving the topic of homosexuality, so it does not make much sense for you to turn a thread that I started into one involving that topic.

For the record, for those of you who don't know the situation, the restriction on my posting is just and I don't have a problem with it.  I have shown enough poor judgment in this area that this is reasonable.  But it is not fair to make a thread that I started into one that I cannot participate in.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bernadette

Yes, Greg, that pretty much sums it up.  :toth:
My Lord and my God.

CMTV

Very little time? How about no time.

Michael claims he reverted in 2004 after his mom passed away.
By his own website statement, he states he:

In 2003 Michael began speaking at various parishes throughout Detroit and from 2004 - 2006 he was regularly hosting programmes broadcast on Michigan Catholic Radio

http://michaelvoris.weebly.com/about-michael-voris.html
Sei nicht wie ein Strauß.
Whoever says Pope St. John Paul II was not a Pope, does not have a heart.
Whoever says Francis is the Pope, does not have a brain.
To recognize a heretic as the Pope and resist him at the same time is a modernist heresy and a schismatic act. This is a blatant denial of the dogma of papal infallibility.
For no true Pope should be doctrinally resisted, but obeyed.
www.francisquotes.com

Greg

Quote from: Jayne on April 25, 2016, 07:50:23 PM

There is already another thread for discussing Michael Voris.  You were the first one to argue for me not being able to participate in threads involving the topic of homosexuality, so it does not make much sense for you to turn a thread that I started into one involving that topic.

For the record, for those of you who don't know the situation, the restriction on my posting is just and I don't have a problem with it.  I have shown enough poor judgment in this area that this is reasonable.  But it is not fair to make a thread that I started into one that I cannot participate in.

Question was directed at St.Justin and is about ego and grace.

Jayne

Quote from: Greg on April 25, 2016, 07:59:36 PM

You are being disingenuous. 

Greg

Quote from: CMTV on April 25, 2016, 07:59:02 PM

In 2003 Michael began speaking at various parishes throughout Detroit and from 2004 - 2006 he was regularly hosting programmes broadcast on Michigan Catholic Radio

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.  He might have a bad memory for dates.  I know I do.

Suffice it to say that less than 2 years is hardly enough time unless you have some sort of miraculous grace transplant.

Greg

Quote from: Jayne on April 25, 2016, 08:05:23 PM
Quote from: Greg on April 25, 2016, 07:59:36 PM

You are being disingenuous.

No I am being perfectly honest.

St. Justin brought up ego and grace and made a good point which I agree with.

CMTV

Quote from: Greg on April 25, 2016, 08:06:11 PM
Quote from: CMTV on April 25, 2016, 07:59:02 PM

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.  He might have a bad memory for dates.  I know I do.

Suffice it to say that less than 2 years is hardly enough time unless you have some sort of miraculous grace transplant.
Fair enough.
Be that as it may, as it stands now, MV's last Vortex is all about the year of mercy and how grateful he is to know that many of his viewers who left comments also went through similar reversions...
To recognize a heretic as the Pope and resist him at the same time is a modernist heresy and a schismatic act. This is a blatant denial of the dogma of papal infallibility.
www.francisquotes.com

St.Justin

"when you have been a practicing sodomite and fornicator for 15 years prior and allowed very little time for reflection?  You also decide to keep your sordid history a secret as it might be a little humiliating for you." has nothing whatsoever to do with my post but it does seem to show a fixation on your part.

ST. JOHN - Chapter 8:11 She said: No man, Lord. And Jesus said: Neither will I condemn thee. Go, and now sin no more.
Haydocks commentary
Ver. 11. Hence we may see how impious is the doctrine of those who say that God is the author of sin. Christ did not say to the woman: I do not condemn thy sin; or, go and live now as thou pleasest, I will free thee from all punishment due to any sin thou shalt commit: but he only said, Go, and from henceforth sin no more: thus preserving his amiable virtue of clemency, and still not encouraging vice. (St. Augustine)

CMTV

Those who would entrust their youths to him have a right to know.
(CMTV has the young man PAUSE program)
Homosexuality is a sin that can be forgiven. But it is also a mental disorder from which the young must be protected. It's not safe to trust anyone who we know to have any sort of sexual perversion with children or youngsters.
We would undoubtedly and without hesitation act the same way towards a publicly repentant ephebophile/homosexual priest. His sins are forgotten and forgiven without a doubt, however no parent in their right mind would let their young ones hang out with him.
As it stands right now most Catholics are forced into into an almost Protestant "once saved always saved" position. I got news for you guys: forgiveness does not mean we need to grant him license to keep doing what he's doing or forgo the appropriate and necessary response to these revelations. There are consequences that he has refused to accept as part of his past sins, namely that he has no place leading any religious discussions, or leading any kind of lay apostolate which grants him a position of authority. In an ideal situation, the local Bishop would insist he step down and remove himself from all self-appointed positions of influence. But we don't have that luxury.

Do your due diligence. Whoever has children will understand this message.
Surely, we all agree on my statement.

Just look a t the prerequisites for PAUSE from Church militant:

Discerners will live in close contact with laymen who have dedicated themselves to apostolic celibacy at the service of the apostolate and at the service of Holy Mother Church.

Application Process:
Phase I:
Initial online application/Inquiry (basic info/demographics/questionnaire)
Objective Statement / Submission of a simple video (Why am I interested? (100 words; 2 minutes)

Kind of reminiscent of the LC.
www.francisquotes.com

Quaremerepulisti

Quote from: St.Justin on April 25, 2016, 06:40:06 PM
I find that egos tend to get in the way of God's Grace. The bigger the ego the less attention we pay to the Grace of God. If one always thinks they are right they tend to think it is God's Grace that is driving the boat when in fact it is their pride.

Yeah, and how much of an ego do you need to have to call yourself an Apostle and publicly and very repeatedly attack Jewish laypeople and Pharisees and Saducees no less, making yourself the "star of the show", the unquestioned religious leader, when not that long ago you were trying to kill the very people you are now preaching to, and allowed almost no time for reflection?

Well, not much really, since he said he was the least of the Apostles, not worthy to be called an Apostle, for he persecuted the Church of God.

Now, since I know I will get the (rather stupid) knee-jerk response "You are comparing Voris to St. Paul!!" he wasn't known as St. Paul at the time.  He was known as Saul, persecutor and murderer.

Greg

Unfortunate, that they called it the Pause program.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pause

You'd think someone would check. ::)

Jayne

Michael Voris would only be on topic in this thread if someone were looking at him and saying "There but for the grace of God go I".  This does not seem to be what is happening.

Personally, I don't think that about him.  I think, "My sins are worse than his." He committed homosexual acts himself.   As a "gay rights" activist, I worked towards the promotion and acceptance of these sins in society. I am deeply sorry for what I did.

So, unless there is anybody wants to use MV as an example of "there but for the grace of God, go I," please discuss him at:http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=14274.0