Started by Innocent Smith, July 17, 2016, 01:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Quote from: Spade on July 18, 2016, 01:58:04 AM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on July 17, 2016, 08:47:10 PM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on July 17, 2016, 04:27:38 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on July 17, 2016, 04:09:57 PM
sounds like needless sxandalmongering

The Steven Hawkings of Suscipe Domine speaks through his tube pouring down pure wisdom on the topic once again.

Do us a favor and bone up on the material before opining. Or is your primary purpose in life that of eternal gadfly?

The book is most certainly not needless scandal mongering. It is the factual story of many actual scandals.

But thanks for your input, as if we would expect anything else.
Wow! was that barb at Chester really necessary?

You can always tell someone has no valid argument to make when they resort to personal attacks. It would be infuriating if it weren't so pathetic.

Disagree.  We are pissed off with every hard truth being referred to as a "scandal".

Priests are screwing kids.  Popes and Cardinals are covering it up.  Homos are on every TV show.  What does scandal even mean in this context?

Referring to the dangers of Michael Voris guiding young men or his retreats at sea is hardly a scandal in the current climate.  It is a very sensible and prudent warning.  One that almost has no voice, and yet people are still trying to drown it out by throwing around words like scandalmonger.  Why?  Why even bother to attack an idea that has SO few people behind it?  Why not simply ignore it if you think it is wrong?  What threat is it?

Idiotic defenses need to be shot down with personal attacks.  What is calling someone a "scandalmonger" other than a personal attack?

I'm not an SV, but they make valid points about the papacy and the acts of popes.  Shooting them down as "scandalmongers" or "gossipers" is the weak response of a cult follower.

I'm not a member of the SSPX resistance.  But I'm not going to suggest they don't have some valid concerns.  They do.  Those concerns should be heard, like those of the SVs.

If you want to shout "scandal" do so at the local bishop's house.  Not here.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

dymphnaw

Voris has been looking bad lately but I thought it was due to shingles.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Greg on July 18, 2016, 03:59:44 AM

The Steven Hawkings of Suscipe Domine speaks through his tube pouring down pure wisdom on the topic once again.

Do us a favor and bone up on the material before opining. Or is your primary purpose in life that of eternal gadfly?

The book is most certainly not needless scandal mongering. It is the factual story of many actual scandals.

You can always tell someone has no valid argument to make when they resort to personal attacks. It would be infuriating if it weren't so pathetic.

Disagree.  We are pissed off with every hard truth being referred to as a "scandal".

Priests are screwing kids.  Popes and Cardinals are covering it up.  Homos are on every TV show.  What does scandal even mean in this context?

Referring to the dangers of Michael Voris guiding young men or his retreats at sea is hardly a scandal in the current climate.  It is a very sensible and prudent warning.  One that almost has no voice, and yet people are still trying to drown it out by throwing around words like scandalmonger.  Why?  Why even bother to attack an idea that has SO few people behind it?  Why not simply ignore it if you think it is wrong?  What threat is it?

Idiotic defenses need to be shot down with personal attacks.  What is calling someone a "scandalmonger" other than a personal attack?

I'm not an SV, but they make valid points about the papacy and the acts of popes.  Shooting them down as "scandalmongers" or "gossipers" is the weak response of a cult follower.

I'm not a member of the SSPX resistance.  But I'm not going to suggest they don't have some valid concerns.  They do.  Those concerns should be heard, like those of the SVs.

I don't take issue with wanting the truth to be out in the open... people should be informed so that they don't fall for But dedicating a whole book to it?  I think there's a difference between cautioning people against someone who is less than honest so that they don't book a Lenten cruise and exposing that someone has AIDS
Quote from: Greg on July 18, 2016, 01:54:23 AM
Latest Catholic Family News.

[yt]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NQyNs3qyS2c[/yt]

How Pope Francis escapes responsibility or criticism is insane.  Only someone deranged enough to be a faggot for 20 years could lack the common sense to see that Francis is driving the agenda with the appointment of Cupich.
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Greg

It's only an ebook.  He didn't spend $25,000 getting it printed.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Spade

Quote from: Greg on July 18, 2016, 03:59:44 AM

I don't disagree with you, Greg. But surely there's a better way to express your frustration than mocking someone for their terrible chronic illness. Ches' condition had nothing to do with the situation at hand. It was just a cheap attack. And it was a waste of energy because it did nothing to refute Chestertonian's assertion.

It's true there's an annoying tendency among Catholics to try to suppress every discussion of wrongdoing as "scandalmongering". No matter how blatant and public the offense was, we're not even allowed to discuss it, apparently, because of "scandal". I see it happen again and again on this forum. Seems like if the pope tore down St. Peter's and erected a temple to Satan in its place, we'd be told to keep mum about it because of gossip or whatever.

In the case of Voris, I don't really see what his having AIDS has to do with the price of rice in China. Perhaps "Innocent" and E. Michael Whatsit both enjoy mocking people for having devastating illnesses, idk. But Voris' trajectory is troubling and has eerie parallels with John Corapi. But I pretty much wrote Voris off when he made his groveling apology for being a jounalist during the first Synod. You don't have to know a guy is gay to see that he lacks integrity.
Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
Qui passus es pro nobis, Domine, Domine, miserere nobis.

King Wenceslas

How Pope Francis escapes responsibility or criticism is insane.  Only someone deranged enough to be a faggot for 20 years could lack the common sense to see that Francis is driving the agenda with the appointment of Cupich.

Jadot, Bergolio, Cupich. Peas in a pod.

If anyone is going to think that this is alllll going to turn out well, they are fooling themselves.

A false church and a false Christ is going to be presented to the world as the Catholic church and I mean soon.

FSSP, SSPX, the Resistance will probably continue to cling to the notion that Bergolio is a true pope (as many here will). SSPV will still go babbling on about there have been no popes since 1958 (and other theses). As for the rest of us?

I would heavily suggest everyone with half a brain set up a Catholic chapel (altar, statues, stations the whole smell) and to heavily invest in a spirited prayer life. Ten years from now I don't believe any of us will be able to go to any (and mean ANY) so called catholic church and still remain a Catholic.

FSSP, SSPX (and any other variety of Traditional orders) are going to sell our asses out.

Time to get cracking folks. Don't put this off until it is too late. The Japanese Catholics did it, we can do it.

Mattock

Quote from: King Wenceslas on July 18, 2016, 11:11:19 AM

Jadot, Bergolio, Cupich. Peas in a pod.

If anyone is going to think that this is alllll going to turn out well, they are fooling themselves.

A false church and a false Christ is going to be presented to the world as the Catholic church and I mean soon.

FSSP, SSPX, the Resistance will probably continue to cling to the notion that Bergolio is a true pope (as many here will). SSPV will still go babbling on about there have been no popes since 1958 (and other theses). As for the rest of us?

I would heavily suggest everyone with half a brain set up a Catholic chapel (altar, statues, stations the whole smell) and to heavily invest in a spirited prayer life. Ten years from now I don't believe any of us will be able to go to any (and mean ANY) so called catholic church and still remain a Catholic.

FSSP, SSPX (and any other variety of Traditional orders) are going to sell our asses out.

Time to get cracking folks. Don't put this off until it is too late. The Japanese Catholics did it, we can do it.

If it happens it happens.

I'm pretty sure mankind gets one more shot at this. But then it will be up. Next time it's the End.
For now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that doth not yield good fruit, shall be cut down, and cast into the fire.

Michael Wilson

K.W. I think your assessment is way too pessimistic. The SSPX isn't going to sell out; not because they are so "bullet proof" but because every time that they attempt to do so, God intervenes to stop it. Witness Msgr. Lefebvre withdrawing his signature on the 1988 "operation suicide" protocol. Msgr. Fellay going to Rome in 2012 ready to sign on to another "operation suicide", and the Pope pulling the rug out from under the deal. The recent de-railing of the last round of compromise-talks by both Cardinal Muller and the Pope, within days of each other; and the subsequent public statement by the three SSPX bishops. There will always be bishops, priests and laity that will publicly profess and practice the true faith, no matter how dark the times become.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

dymphnaw

Non Nobis

Quote from: Michael Wilson on July 18, 2016, 12:32:13 PM
K.W. I think your assessment is way too pessimistic. The SSPX isn't going to sell out; not because they are so "bullet proof" but because every time that they attempt to do so, God intervenes to stop it. Witness Msgr. Lefebvre withdrawing his signature on the 1988 "operation suicide" protocol. Msgr. Fellay going to Rome in 2012 ready to sign on to another "operation suicide", and the Pope pulling the rug out from under the deal. The recent de-railing of the last round of compromise-talks by both Cardinal Muller and the Pope, within days of each other; and the subsequent public statement by the three SSPX bishops. There will always be bishops, priests and laity that will publicly profess and practice the true faith, no matter how dark the times become.

I don't know, but I think you are right and I hope and pray so.

I think it is wrong to give up hope. Boundless pessimism can't be right since God IS still in control, even if He is permitting evil beyond our understanding.

In regard to my previous post, I think it is important to know just how evil evil can be (e.g. I think about a film about Kermit Gosnell that is supposed to come out this year - anyone know when?).  There is still good and hope out there though, but it is hard to find either in the world or at SD.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Michael Wilson

Yes, there is always hope; hang on to the Holy Rosary; and remember that sooner or latter, this trial will end with the triumph of the Church over her enemies.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Greg

Quote from: Spade on July 18, 2016, 10:57:51 AM
But surely there's a better way to express your frustration than mocking someone for their terrible chronic illness.

Like what?

Men mock other men all the time for being old, bald, fat, weak, muscle bound, stupid, Irish, German etc.

Calling Chestertonian "Stephen Hawking" isn't that bad.  You want to join the arm forces and see what they call you there.

What's happened to the males of our species?  Special snowflakes.  Grow a pair !!

Prayerful

Mr Voris had the nickname of Gary the Fairy when young. He was also molested when he was young.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

dymphnaw

I half way through the book. Jones has e-mails and details that only could've come from inside people. A lot of people are going to feel like fools.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Greg on July 18, 2016, 03:20:30 PM
Quote from: Spade on July 18, 2016, 10:57:51 AM
But surely there's a better way to express your frustration than mocking someone for their terrible chronic illness.

Like what?

Men mock other men all the time for being old, bald, fat, weak, muscle bound, stupid, Irish, German etc.

Calling Chestertonian "Stephen Hawking" isn't that bad.  You want to join the arm forces and see what they call you there.

What's happened to the males of our species?  Special snowflakes.  Grow a pair !!
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"