Practicing Catholicism :Sermons and Talks Videos Thread

Started by Acolyte, October 06, 2022, 07:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

This recent surge in hermits reminds me of the early Church.  Keep in mind the first hermits and monks emerged in the mid to late third century, well before Christianity was legalized.  God even now is raising up holy men and women to do combat with the devil, on the verge of a great resurgence of the Faith, it would seem, from the pattern of Church history.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Acolyte

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Acolyte

Fr Carney isn't a very dynamic preacher but I think he's doing a good thing in promoting devotion to the Holy Face.

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III