Star quilt

Started by Bernadette, October 25, 2020, 07:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

I'm not sure if I posted this here or not, but I dug out the photo to put on Facebook's quilting group, so I thought I'd share. I call this my star quilt, inspired by one (in much more somber fabrics, probably old clothes) that I saw on Pinterest years ago. It took me over a year to sew by hand. Each star is unique. I'm getting ready to sew another one, which is why I was looking at the photos. I'll need more fabric (yay!) to make it big enough to cover my bed. I can't wait to start sewing again; it's been a long time.

https://imgur.com/gallery/h1xMO
My Lord and my God.

Jayne

That really is lovely.  I think that a project like you are planning would make a good form of stress management (which everybody seems to need a lot of these days) as well as an outlet for creativity.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bernadette

It's very soothing. And I listen to audiobooks while I sew. It's great.
My Lord and my God.

Greg

Would suit someone with a Mitsubishi car.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Lynne

Beautiful quilt, Bernadette! It *is* a relaxing hobby and in 2020, that's a good thing.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

MundaCorMeum

Very nice!  I love it.  English paper piecing?

Bernadette

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 25, 2020, 02:03:55 PM

No, I just cut out the pieces with a template, marked the seam lines, and sewed the pieces together.
My Lord and my God.

awkwardcustomer

What stunning work.  I love it.

I'd want to treasure this forever.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Bernadette on October 25, 2020, 02:05:22 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 25, 2020, 02:03:55 PM

No, I just cut out the pieces with a template, marked the seam lines, and sewed the pieces together.

Even more impressive!

Bernadette

Quote from: Greg on October 25, 2020, 01:48:14 PM
Would suit someone with a Mitsubishi car.

The guy who bought it has a Rolls Royce.  ;)
My Lord and my God.