Two Questions About Sedevacantism

Started by tradne4163, August 13, 2013, 01:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tradne4163

I'll get to the point:

1. If I were  new to the sedevacantist  side, would I need a General Confession, or would Supplied Jurisdiction via common error cover my confessions at a diocesan or Ecclesia Dei TLM?

2. What would be the response to the apparent possibility of no more bishops currently having ordinary jurisdiction, and thus no more Living Magisterium? Or am I misunderstanding the Sedevacantist position on that point?

number two is especially important for me... if you really want to know why, I'll say via PM.
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

tradne4163

Well, it was explained to me in away that makes sense. That's all for now.

God bless.

Sent from my Kyocera Rise on Tapatalk 4 Beta

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

LouisIX

I'm glad you received answers to your questions, though I was hoping to see them here.  Perhaps whoever answered your question could post an impersonal reply here?
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

tradne4163

Well, it's not too late for this to become a discussion in general.

However, the email exchange shall remain confidential.

Jmartyr

Quote from: tradne4163 on August 14, 2013, 06:21:12 PM

O.k. Why the change of heart?
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

tradne4163

Quote from: Jmartyr on August 14, 2013, 06:36:40 PM

The announced canonization of John Paul II was the catalyst in me taking a closer look. I mean, unless there is a serious clarification of his scandalous actions (which any single one alone would have stopped a cause dead at one time), the damage caused by the scandal would be incalculable. Then I was referred by a fellow user (not the same one who helped me with this topic) to this conference: http://www.sedevacantist.com/conference.html.
  From there, it was a lot of reading and prayer. This hasn't been an easy choice for me. I was reluctant up until now to tell anyone I was even considering it.  But I've made my choice in how to react to the Crisis. Now, I'll  try to build up a good prayer life, with frequent reception of the Sacraments.
I know you were probably expecting some long argumentative epistle, but nothing i could say would really be all that different from what's already out there.
  I also want to point out that I don't intend to be a tireless promoter of the Sedevacantist position. There's already plenty of people doing that, and far more competently than I probably could right now.  Of course, I also take John Lane's view about non-Sedes... they're Catholic, too as far as I'm concerned. 
God bless.

Jmartyr

Quote from: tradne4163 on August 14, 2013, 06:58:35 PM

The announced canonization of John Paul II was the catalyst in me taking a closer look. I mean, unless there is a serious clarification of his scandalous actions (which any single one alone would have stopped a cause dead at one time), the damage caused by the scandal would be incalculable. Then I was referred by a fellow user (not the same one who helped me with this topic) to this conference: http://www.sedevacantist.com/conference.html.
  From there, it was a lot of reading and prayer. This hasn't been an easy choice for me. I was reluctant up until now to tell anyone I was even considering it.  But I've made my choice in how to react to the Crisis. Now, I'll  try to build up a good prayer life, with frequent reception of the Sacraments.
I know you were probably expecting some long argumentative epistle, but nothing i could say would really be all that different from what's already out there.
  I also want to point out that I don't intend to be a tireless promoter of the Sedevacantist position. There's already plenty of people doing that, and far more competently than I probably could right now.  Of course, I also take John Lane's view about non-Sedes... they're Catholic, too as far as I'm concerned. 
God bless.
Does this mean a change in the Mass you go to? You do not have to answer if you think I am being too nosey.  :)
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

tradne4163

Quote from: Jmartyr on August 14, 2013, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: tradne4163 on August 14, 2013, 06:58:35 PM

God bless.
Does this mean a change in the Mass you go to? You do not have to answer if you think I am being too nosey.  :)
Yes, it does. It just so happens that Bishop Mark Pivarunas, CMRI has his chapel/seminary not far from my house. I wouldn't be opposed to an SSPX chapel, but the nearest ones are both over three hours away.