Bakken winding down

Started by james03, October 12, 2014, 06:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james03

QuoteWhat's wrong with dontchaknow?

Yeah, they have that in Wisconsin too.  When I flew up to Wisconsin with Her Royal Hotness, the Scottish female was explaining to me that people talked funny in Wisconsin.  So she starts talking like that with an exaggerated accent.  So I get to the rental car counter, not even thinking about it, and the lady starts by saying, "It's been cooold here, dontchaknow".  My wife is standing there next to me and I couldn't look at her.  I kept a straight face.  Classic scene.

It would be unjust though not to mention they are nice people.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Heinrich

Quote from: james03 on October 14, 2014, 07:48:01 PM
QuoteIf things are moving: Heck, can I come? I get summers off.
If you are serious, remind me in April.  But watch crude oil pricing.  If it breaches $80 and stays below that, chances are the big money will be behind us.  I might be down on the Gulf by then.

Will do.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: james03 on October 14, 2014, 07:57:40 PM
QuoteWhat's wrong with dontchaknow?
:lol:

Is HRH your wife?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

james03

Her Royal Hotness had better be my wife, you got the Scottish part.   They like to grab Claymores when they get ticked.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: james03 on October 13, 2014, 05:35:11 PM
And I will get to eat cajun food and never here "youbetcha and dontchaknow" again.

James, I can help you with the You Betcha's if you ever start missing them.  Really. :D
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

james03

Crude down to $78.  A blessing for America, means I need to start looking at other industries.  Made one call to my buddy and have started the search.  LNG is where it's going to be at.  Freeport, TX to Lake Charles, LA.

Jacob

I read a little article yesterday in TIME about how LNG is supposed to be the savior of the steel industry in the US because it allows for ultra high temps to be produced so that iron can be super concentrated into pellets that can be added to scrap steel when that steel is melted down and reused.  The pellets allow for a stronger steel on par with fresh, newly made steel.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

james03

I don't know why LNG would do this.  LNG is liquified methane, brought down to cyrogenic temperatures, say around -200F.  This is done to export the gas to Europe, where it is vaporized and then sent into their natural gas pipelines.

Shale gas will definitely help the industry, as it is cheap.  I'm guessing that using gas in their blast furnaces allows them to make higher quality steel, and do it cheaply.  I have no experience in steel making, and that's my best speculation.

mikemac

Quote from: james03 on November 06, 2014, 08:16:23 AM
Crude down to $78.  A blessing for America, means I need to start looking at other industries.  Made one call to my buddy and have started the search.  LNG is where it's going to be at.  Freeport, TX to Lake Charles, LA.

Crude is below $70 now.  My brother was telling me that he was reading an article that said that the OPEC nations want to put the fracking industry out of business.  Apparently the fracking industry needs crude to be over $70 for it to be viable.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Pheo

It's almost funny how imaginary the price of oil is.  I know that it's based in the principles of supply and demand, but OPEC has almost complete control over what they want the market to charge.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

james03

QuoteApparently the fracking industry needs crude to be over $70 for it to be viable.

To be precise, it is the shale oil industry.  Fracking has been around for around 70 years and isn't going away.

Oil somewhere around $67.  No word about layoffs yet, but that will be coming.

Heinrich

Quote from: james03 on December 02, 2014, 05:03:32 PM
QuoteApparently the fracking industry needs crude to be over $70 for it to be viable.

To be precise, it is the shale oil industry.  Fracking has been around for around 70 years and isn't going away.

Oil somewhere around $67.  No word about layoffs yet, but that will be coming.

James, sorry to hear about the turn of events in the Bakken. If what you are saying is true, then a segment of our society is getting the shaft now(the workers and management), while the rest of us will get it later:

A colleague and I were talking about why the price is so low. I used your OP to make an explanation and said co worker seemed curious as to the matter. I also mentioned that this whole episode is a one step forward, 5 steps back situation. I am guessing that when the powers that be(prescriptive and causal) are done eroding more of the middle class, i.e. crushing the domestic oil industry oil prices will soar to European price levels. This may be the beginning of the collapse or just another cycle in the globally manipulated "free" market. Could this be described as a deflationary situation?
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Lynne

My husband (a liberal) says that oil prices have fallen to punish Putin. Any truth to that?
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Heinrich

Quote from: Lynne on December 02, 2014, 06:08:35 PM
My husband (a liberal) says that oil prices have fallen to punish Putin. Any truth to that?

That is what I heard today as well. The effects being that Russian infrastructure, both domestic and militarily, are taking a big hit.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on December 02, 2014, 06:13:52 PM
Quote from: Lynne on December 02, 2014, 06:08:35 PM

That is what I heard today as well. The effects being that Russian infrastructure, both domestic and militarily, are taking a big hit.

Any of you smart geo-political people want to give their insight as to what the end result might be then, if this is true? Will it crush Putin and the Russian "problem" will all but go away, or will it exacerbate things and cause Mr P to act more drastically?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie