Recently Bought unused Angelus Breviary 1962 2 Vol. £160 + pp from UK

Started by BigMelvin, December 08, 2014, 10:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMelvin

Probably best to PM me for enquiries, and if you want me to try and estimate the postage cost, Gaudete!

This is the description:

This Two Volume set of the Breviarium Romanum 1962 contains the complete canonical hours of the day. This particular edition was prepared by the Priestly Fraternity of St. Pius X for the priests and religious of the Society. Flexible leather cover, made of smooth grained black leather. Strongly bound, with 4 coloured silk markers. The gold gilded page edges are beautiful and finely crafted. The paper is very thin yet durable. Each tome lays flat either in your hand or on a surface. The text is well laid out and very readable. with a large, clear, and attractive font. Included with this set are 4 individual prayer cards containing the Te Deum, Psalm 94, the Benedictus, the Magnificat, and the final Antiphons of the Blessed Virgin Mary. This edition uses the Vulgate Psalms. Dimensions:125 x 190 mm (5" x 7.5"). Pages: 1500 + 1800.
  3300 pages.
I saw the sun go down, on dreams of a utopian evermore...

Modernism controls its victims in the name of obedience, thanks to the suspicion of pride which is cast on any criticism of their reforms, in the name of respect for the Pope, in the name of missionary zeal, of charity, and of unity."
– Fr. Roger Calmel OP, Letter of 8th August, 1973

"In reference to the created intellect, however, (and specifically to the human) things may be said to be false when by their appearances they invite misconception of their true nature"
H.D. Gardeil, O.P., Introduction to the Philosophy of St. Thomas Aquinas, Vol. 4: Metaphysics, 138.