Youtube videos on forum

Started by Kaesekopf, August 14, 2016, 11:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

:lol:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

Added the prayer smileys to the post form. 

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

james03

K.,
I clicked on the youtube message about Flash and got this:

QuoteThe deprecation of the YouTube ActionScript 3.0 Player API, also known as the YouTube Flash API (AS3), was announced on January 27, 2015. YouTube Flash <object> embeds have also been deprecated. See the deprecation policy for more information. Please migrate your applications to the IFrame API, which can intelligently use whichever embedded player – HTML (<video>) or Flash (<object>) – the client supports.

This may cause you problems in the future.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

PS:  Using Opera on Linux and Flash is working fine right now.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Kaesekopf

Quote from: james03 on August 25, 2016, 10:28:22 AM
K.,
I clicked on the youtube message about Flash and got this:

QuoteThe deprecation of the YouTube ActionScript 3.0 Player API, also known as the YouTube Flash API (AS3), was announced on January 27, 2015. YouTube Flash <object> embeds have also been deprecated. See the deprecation policy for more information. Please migrate your applications to the IFrame API, which can intelligently use whichever embedded player – HTML (<video>) or Flash (<object>) – the client supports.

This may cause you problems in the future.

Yeah, that was one of the things people thought might be an issue.  Problem is, short of diving into the code, I'm not sure how the YouTube plugin handles YouTube embeds. 

So....  I'm just hoping that someone will write a run-around for that deprecation.  :lol:

james03

Whoever maintains the plugin (SMF?) should update it.  Deprecated APIs might be good for years, or they might crap out in a week.  Since Youtube would hurt their business if they quit supporting it, you are probably good.

I think they are trying to migrate people off of Flash and over to HTML5 video, thus the new API that works with both.  So they will probably keep allowing Flash for some time.

Kaesekopf

Some dude maintains it. He pushed an update recently.  Unsure if he's keeping tabs on the latest issue. 

The problem spanned more than just SMF though, so I'm not sure it was his fault.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk