Spes mihi est in Caelo

Started by Spes mihi est in caelo, July 24, 2014, 06:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

I will pray for him and hope he finds some peace
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

Quote from: Recovering NOer on July 24, 2014, 06:52:44 PM
Quote from: Jayne on July 24, 2014, 06:36:04 PM
He probably was sincere.

Didn't you just get finished saying he was a troll?  :lol:

That was before I knew who it was.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Deirdre

Quote from: Kaesekopf on July 24, 2014, 05:38:00 PM

"Spes" was the poster Logicus, who was banned a few weeks ago.

I KNEW IT!!  ;D
My Lord and my God.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Spes mihi est in caelo on July 24, 2014, 12:23:39 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on July 24, 2014, 12:19:31 PM
Google translate is not very good; Jane is a genius; take Jane over G.T.

No "genius" would go to the novus ordo. Besides, you are trying to bait me into saying that she cannot be a genius because she is a woman and get me banned. I know she is no genius. Just read the crap she writes.
Cheap shot Loser...you are not welcome here in my book.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

ImperialGuardsman

Things just keep getting weirder...  :crazy2:
"One would be straying from the straight path were he to wish the altar restored to its primitive tableform; were he to want black excluded as a color for the liturgical vestments; were he to forbid the use of sacred images and statues in Churches...and lastly were he to disdain and reject polyphonic music or singing in parts, even where it conforms to regulations issued by the Holy See." - Ven. Pope Pius XII

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--  (Stolen from EcceQuamBonum's signature)

America, that great bastion of the Enlightenment, is the destroyer of all religions.--LouisIX

gezl

Quote from: Jayne on July 24, 2014, 10:24:06 AM
I am curious about the Latin in your user name.  Are you trying to say "I have hope in Heaven" or "My hope is in Heaven"?

I'm late to the discussion, also bit a slow learner with Latin.
Should that be;

habeo spes caelum.

estne? 

Simplex veri sigillum!

Non Nobis

Spes was banned permanently - check  the "Banned Members and Reasons" thread
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Jayne

Quote from: gezl on July 25, 2014, 05:24:03 PM
Quote from: Jayne on July 24, 2014, 10:24:06 AM
I am curious about the Latin in your user name.  Are you trying to say "I have hope in Heaven" or "My hope is in Heaven"?

I'm late to the discussion, also bit a slow learner with Latin.
Should that be;

habeo spes caelum.

estne?

The usual way to say "I have hope in heaven" is "Spem in caelo habeo" with the word for "hope" in the accusative case.  The sentence can also be expressed with the dative construction as in the thread's subject line but this has specific connotation. 

voxxpopulisuxx

Jayne ....see I came to your defence...Im glad he got banned

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Jayne

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on July 26, 2014, 11:50:10 AM

Yes I saw.  Thank you for your gallantry.

Chestertonian

Gallantry is better than goofus-ery
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

I remember Goofus and Gallant from Highlights magazine.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Jayne on July 26, 2014, 12:13:57 PM
Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on July 26, 2014, 11:50:10 AM

Yes I saw.  Thank you for your gallantry.
Im sure its not how you would have liked me to handle it...but
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o07ecRzkLuM[/yt]

911!

Jayne

I really appreciate the chivalrous impulse that leads you to defend me.  This quality is one of my favourite things about men.  However, you are right that I would not have liked violence in this case.  We were dealing with a troubled person who needed prayers more than a beating. 

But I daresay a truly rude and obnoxious person will be along any time now and I look forward to you protecting me.  :)

voxxpopulisuxx

911!