Christ the King Statue

Started by Relicario, July 30, 2014, 10:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Relicario

I want to share with you guys this statue made by a gentleman I know in the Philippines.

Lydia Purpuraria

Wow! Now that's some fine workmanship -- your friend is very talented. How big is the statue? It looks like it may be quite big.

Relicario

I have no idea how big the image is but here is a picture when a priest blessed it.

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

drummerboy

Awesome.  I've always liked the realism of the Spanish style statues (which of course went to her colonies)
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Arun

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Sbyvl36

My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

verenaerin

Wow, that is just so...real. I am filled with awe and fear and love at the same time. Extremely powerful.

Thanks for posting this.

Relicario

Mr. Ian Vicente is an excellent artist. Here is his flickr page so that you guys can check out his other projects.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7278246@N07/

This is my favorite of his works. Our Lady of Mt Carmel with Carmelite saints.

Chestertonian

i don't know... th ose nuns look like the y are in priestly vestments or something
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

verenaerin

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 01, 2014, 09:55:03 PM
i don't know... th ose nuns look like the y are in priestly vestments or something

They are all wearing scapulars. Scapulars are actually really big, like in the pics. We get to wear the little ones since we are lay people.

Sbyvl36

Of course, there is nothing more imposing than a nun in a Cornette.

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Chestertonian

those are awesome but dont look comfortable to selep in mst be part of the penance
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Sbyvl36

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 02, 2014, 10:35:15 PM
those are awesome but dont look comfortable to selep in mst be part of the penance

Perhaps the take them off before going to bed?

--St. Thomas Aquinas

--Pope Pius IX

--Archbishop Lefebvre