Bugnini and The Rosary

Started by dust, March 25, 2013, 05:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dust

Never knew this:

http://veneremurcernui.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/anibale-bugnini-prime-architect-of-the-novus-ordo-also-wanted-to-wreck-the-rosary/

"Some time ago, my wife bought Bugnini's gloating, bloated Reform of the Liturgy at a used book giveaway.  She read little bits, became totally disgusted by the man's preening superiority, monumental ego, and his constant disdain for the 1500+ year old Roman Rite.  So, she put it down.  But, I picked it up the other day, and in just reading a little tiny bit, found in pp. 874-876 (Bugnini, he loved to talk) that the man who placed such enormous emphasis on "noble simplicity," eliminating "useless repetitions" and "historical accretions," also desired to utterly destroy the Rosary.  How did he plan on doing that?"

Has anyone here read this book?
"The Truth is still the Truth, even if nobody believes it, and a lie is still a lie, even if everybody believes it." ++ Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen
"Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris"

MilesChristi

I thought you were going to say Bugnini came up with the Luminous mysteries,
I think his style was more to get rid of all references to Mary.
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Gerard

Quote from: MilesChristi on March 25, 2013, 05:40:57 PM
I thought you were going to say Bugnini came up with the Luminous mysteries,
I think his style was more to get rid of all references to Mary.

I believe the "Hopeful" Mysteries were suggested to Paul VI along with other modifications like removing the second half and just keeping the Angelic salutation and the words of St. Elizabeth. but he refused any changes to the Rosary by some miracle.

Great article by Chris Ferrara was done after JPII introduced his changes.

http://www.christianorder.com/features/features_2003/features_may03.html

mikemac

That's quite the article by Christopher Ferrara Gerard.  So St Louis da Montfort around the beginning of the 16th century as well as Pope Leo XIII in his encyclical Octobri Mense in 1891 both said something similar, "Thus as no man goeth to the Father but by the Son, so no man goeth to Christ but by His Mother."  That's good to know. 
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source