Needlepoint/Cross-stitch

Started by Penelope, September 02, 2013, 12:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penelope

Is there anyone out there who can do personalized cross-stitch or needlepoint or something similar and who I might be able to commission a work from? Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested.

verenaerin

what are you looking for exactly?

piabee

Penelope

Well, eventually I'm hoping to be able to announce to my mother that she's going to be a grandmother (though no such luck yet--but hey, I've only been married for a month). My mom is supremely not into the traditional grandmotherly image (she wants to be called "Mimi"--good grief), so I think it would be hilarious to give her a needlepoint pillow or something really old-lady looking that says "I love Mimi" or "Welcome to Mimi's House" or something and wait for her to figure out why she is receiving said pillow. I know these things take time to make, so I wanted to get something going while I still have time.

verenaerin

Mimi is cute. My mother goes by Oma- which is German for grandmother. Let me think about your idea and get back to you.

Othmar

Quote from: verenaerin on September 02, 2013, 03:34:54 PMMy mother goes by Oma- which is German for grandmother.
And also in Dutch, though we tend to go for "Moemoe" (Pronounce Moo-Moo), or Bomma (from the French Bonne Maman) in our dialects.

verenaerin

Nice. I actually kinda like Mimi. I called my mother's mother gran, so she wanted to go by something different.