funny things traddy Catholic kids say

Started by Traditionallyruralmom, March 29, 2019, 07:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traditionallyruralmom

We were all in the car, on the way to Mass, praying the rosary.  People in the middle row were being rowdy.  My 4 year old pipes up from the back seat.....
"Mother Mary is trying to pray for you, so SHUT UP!!!"

Share your chucklers below :)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

diaduit

My niece who was 4 at the time was sitting with me at mass and saw the battered old organ at the back.  It wasn't sung mass so no playing.  She asked me why there was no music and I just said the organ wasn't working (just to shut her up) and she said 'oh is it because it has no batteries in it' .  I tried very hard not to lol!

Tales

My eldest is only 3 - before our rosary I ask if he'd like to pray for someone (whom maybe needs help).  He always thinks for a moment and then says "Jesus!"  Yes, Jesus sure needs us praying for Him.  I always chuckle a bit there.

The Curt Jester

My three-year-old son pointed to the sacristy before Mass and said: "Father in there." I nodded. He laughed and said, "Father HIDING!"
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Gardener

A few weeks ago my middle one (2 in a few days) decided to take off his shirt and run around the living room. His older brother (4) proceeds to shout, "That's not modest!" as he himself played after having just taken off his pants, wearing only his shirt and underwear.

Physician heal thyself...
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Traditionallyruralmom

Quote from: Gardener on March 31, 2019, 06:56:05 AM
A few weeks ago my middle one (2 in a few days) decided to take off his shirt and run around the living room. His older brother (4) proceeds to shout, "That's not modest!" as he himself played after having just taken off his pants, wearing only his shirt and underwear.

Physician heal thyself...

that reminds me of my 10 and 8 year old during the rosary.  8 year old is staring off into space, chewing nails and slouching on the couch, obviously not praying.  10 year old is very indignantly distracted by this and proceeds to tell her again and again to pay attention and pray....all the while the 10 year old is so distracted by the 8 year olds not praying, that she is not praying either  ::)
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

MundaCorMeum

We have a Friar in town to do our Lenten mission this week, and he spoke before Mass.  His name is Anthony, and when my 4 year old first saw him, he asked who he was, so I said, "Friar Anthony".  He replied, "he's a real saint?!". I said, " not yet.  He's a friar.". In true southern form, 4 year old says, "wait...he fries?!?!?". He thinks the friar is a religious who cooks fried foods 😂

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Davis Blank - EG on March 30, 2019, 08:21:14 AM
My eldest is only 3 - before our rosary I ask if he'd like to pray for someone (whom maybe needs help).  He always thinks for a moment and then says "Jesus!"  Yes, Jesus sure needs us praying for Him.  I always chuckle a bit there.

My littles do that, too.