BBQ

Started by Petertherock, July 23, 2013, 09:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petertherock

Last night was the first time since I was about 18 that I had a real charcoal barbecue last night. Gas grills are OK but nothing beats charcoal. One of the many great things of owning my own home is no one can tell us not to have charcoal grills. I look forward to many more barbecues this summer!

Darryl
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius

Heinrich

You and the boys get a keg of Sam Adam's?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

moneil

That is awsome!  I have a younger brother, a meat and fish cooker par excellnce who will insist that if it isn't charcol it's not BBQ.  Cooking on a gas stove outside doesn't make it BBQ, it just makes it "cooking on a gas stove outside"  ;D .

I had never thought that rental units might have restrictions on real BBQ.  Though one can observe the ubiquitous gas units on apartment balcony's everywhere I had just assumed it was because most are too lazy to do actual BBQ.  I have no such restriction where I rent and own a venerable Weber kettle bbq unit, but alas cooking for myself after work it is usually easier to just throw something on the George Foreman.

Though I've never done the math (not owning an outdoor gas unit, I do have a gas range in the kitchen), a friend of mine has a wife who wants to "bbq" on one all the summer (he does the 4th of July, otherwise she is on her own to use it the rest of the time), and he's determined that most are horrifically expensive to operate compared to chacol or just cooking on the kitchen stove.  The exception I understand are the high end ourdoor gas ranges hard plumed into a gas line.  Otherwise the standard gas grill from Ace Hardware or Walmart vent as much gas to the athmosphere as they burn, so so I understand.

Ancilla Domini

Redacted: Hahaha! I meant to post this in the fleas thread!

Ancilla Domini

But while I'm here... Right on! If it ain't over coals, it ain't barbecue!