NASA Announces All-Female Remake Of Staged Moon Landings

Started by Padraig, July 20, 2019, 08:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padraig

"The rejuvenated hoax will follow in the footsteps of other recent all-female reboots like Ghostbusters and Ocean?s 8."

https://babylonbee.com/news/nasa-announces-all-female-remake-of-staged-moon-landings

[Satire]

Heinrich

Impossible. They would had to stop for directions too many times.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

martin88nyc

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Maximilian

Quote from: Padraig on July 20, 2019, 08:29:56 AM
"The rejuvenated hoax will follow in the footsteps of other recent all-female reboots like Ghostbusters and Ocean's 8."

https://babylonbee.com/news/nasa-announces-all-female-remake-of-staged-moon-landings

[Satire]

Except it's not satire. This is a current headline at the Daily Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7267893/Nation-celebrates-50th-anniversary-1st-lunar-footsteps.html

The next giant leap: Mike Pence announces that America will put the first WOMAN on the moon by 2024 during 50th anniversary speech for Apollo 11 delivered in front of Buzz Aldrin and confirms the new Orion space capsule is complete
A moonstruck nation celebrated the 50th anniversary of humanity's first footsteps on another world Saturday, commemorating Apollo 11's 'giant leap'
Nostalgia is rife among some of those celebrating, with many sharing anecdotes online of where they were when they saw Neil Armstrong famous steps
NASA astronaut Stan Love has insisted it won't be long before we see similar scenes, pledging the US will 'absolutely' be able to land on the moon by 2024
'It's our job,' Love said. 'We've done it before and I'm sure we can do it again'
The project will make history of its own by landing the first woman on the moon

The Artemis program will land American astronauts on the Moon by 2024, and make history by landing the first woman on the Moon.

Pence joined NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Aldrin, the second man to walk on the moon behind his fellow astronaut Neil Armstrong, at NASA's Kennedy Space Center for a ceremony commemorating the 50th anniversary of the moon landing that enthralled people around the world in 1969.

Padraig

Life imitates art, it seems.

It's lucky for me I've never had any emotional attachment to NASA, or else this would upset me.

Vetus Ordo

What about the first transgender on the moon?

Limiting this enterprise to putting the first woman there, after the first men ages ago, belies a presumptuous and dated binary view of human sexuality. By 2024 we should have fully embraced gender fluid astronauts.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.